Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Cabellas yesterday and saw a pt1911 with Crimson trace grips, for 829.00, they also had a pt1911 with nothing added for 629, dose that seem high, I can get a kimber for that price, maybe alittle more, is it me or are the PT1911 prices going up. Hate to say this but if I am going to buy a 1911 for 629.00, I might as well save up 30 more dollars and buy the kimber.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Weaponizer, I just received my new PT1911 SS from Bud's gunshop in Kentucky. You can order this pistol for $574.00 delivered to your local FFL. Great thing is my FFL only charges $10 for the transfer and I paid no state sales tax. The big box stores always have higher prices but they allow you to handle the merchandise before you order online. I prefer to do business with my local dealers when possible but when the difference is over $50.00 I order from an online dealer. Good luck with your quest.

·
Registered
141 Posts
On one of them, you are paying extra for the grips, of course. The Taurus 1911 is beoming very popular for many reasons, all of them good. The stainless one is really taking off. I have talked with three different gun stores in my area and all of them have sold one or two of the stainless models, but have trouble getting enought to satisfy the damand. Guess what, the prices will go up. Have you seen anything recently where the price has gone down? So far as the Kimber pistols are concerned, my info is that their quality control has slipped a lot in recent years, not just months. A lot of people, including myself, will tell you the Taurus PT1911 is the better .45 auto at any price. But that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
31 Posts
$629 isn't too bad if it's the stainless model (msrp is $800). Every maker is having price increases this year because metal prices are up. I own two PT1911's & both have been great. Accuracy is excellent, reliability has been good too. There are many 1911's to choose from out there & everyone will say this is good or that one is bad & all you do is get confused. All I can say is, I will buy Taurus's 3" version when it becomes available simply because of the reliability I've encountered so far & all the extra features that are packed into the gun for the price.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/pt_080505/index.html

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT1911SS.htm

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
TX Heat said:
Dang. I just paid 640 for my SS today. I don't mind supporting my small town dealer though.
I try to do that here as well. I have a couple of gun shops I frequent and try to split my business between both evenly when I can. As an additional tidbit, the owner of one is the father of the man who owns and operates the Knob Creek range.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may not have been clear on this part of the info these prices are for blued not an SS, now I have done some more research and Blued models are going for about 600 now and the CT grips go for about 300, so I guess 829.00 is not that bad.

·
Registered
61 Posts
TX Heat said:
Dang. I just paid 640 for my SS today. I don't mind supporting my small town dealer though.
i see them online at buds for a really good price,i paid more for my blued PT than i should have...but i have no patients

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sportsmans Warehouse here in Wichita sells the blued for $549 and the SS for $639 . On the otherside of town , Gander mountain has the blued for $799 but it comes with what looks like a $40 holster and a carry case that the holster and everything else fits in .
BTW , the SS are going out as fast as they can get them in.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
www.budsgunshop.com has the blued version for $510 delivered and the SS version for $574 delivered. You still have to pay for the transfer fee at you ffl but that should not exceed $25. Buds does charge 3% on credit card orders. I didn't care. It was less than $18 and I didn't want to have to wait for a check to get there. I wanted it now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got mine at J&S Gunparts for $565 , thats pretty much the lower end I've see them going for here in the southern Puget Sound area ..IF you can find one .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts