Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting on confirmation from a LGS owner, but I'm hearing that one of the wholesale distributors has cut prices on Taurus products by $50.
Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
FWIW:

Quite possible. End of the year, I suspect a lot of distributors are trying to get rid of stuff on hand before SHOT show etc.

My LGS buddy told me that Davidson's usually gets rid of stuff end of November, and then stocks up around the first of the year....

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I don't know if its true or not, but it would be nice.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Haven't read it, but have seen hellacious drops in Taurus selling prices from several vendors. Saw ads today from Cabela's with many brand handgun sales with $100 off (of course they are higher than most from the gitgo). Ammo sales popping up everywhere, in some cases approaching pre-hysteria pricing. It's fairly much a buyers market right now.

Case in point - the PT92AFS TuTone I bought from CDNN a few months back at what I thought was a real deal is now $50 less than I paid then - not complaining, just saying. Now, if only Taurus would produce some magazines...................... LOL

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Have not heard this until now, but I will keep an eye out!

eyeball.gif

Reactions: Rev.Biff

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
One wholesaler?
could easily be an overstock of taurus weapons due to over ordering back when the crazies were going on.
they need to move inventory and reinvest the money.
of course possible end of year tax thing, possible new models coming In early next year, etc.

Reactions: Rev.Biff

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
One wholesaler?
could easily be an overstock of taurus weapons due to over ordering back when the crazies were going on.
they need to move inventory and reinvest the money.
of course possible end of year tax thing, possible new models coming In early next year, etc.
Hasn't been with just one wholesaler - has been multiple sellers on various guns. Not saying isn't due to overstock or year end, but prices on new guns have dropped from what I've seen as well as inventory increases - even the S&W Shield is readily available most places these days, albeit still in the $400 range local or $350 on line + FFL & Shipping.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Haven't read it, but have seen hellacious drops in Taurus selling prices from several vendors. Saw ads today from Cabela's with many brand handgun sales with $100 off (of course they are higher than most from the gitgo). Ammo sales popping up everywhere, in some cases approaching pre-hysteria pricing. It's fairly much a buyers market right now.

Case in point - the PT92AFS TuTone I bought from CDNN a few months back at what I thought was a real deal is now $50 less than I paid then - not complaining, just saying. Now, if only Taurus would produce some magazines...................... LOL
Well with the cost of Taurus magazines when you can find them and the price drops in firearms... it might make as much sense just to buy a new firearm. You'd still be getting a new magazine in the deal. :D :D :D

Reactions: Wino and olfarhors
1 - 13 of 13 Posts