Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bud is thinking of selling his M92. The rifle is pristine with only about 250 down the tube. The only thing he did mod-wise was stone and blue the locking bars(made cycling/lockup much smoother) and seal the wood with linseed oil. He has the box and all the paperwork. There are none on gunjoker, and I see it's been discontinued by Taurus. We searched, and last known prices new was in the $500-$550 range. So, what would fair market value on one that could pass LNIB? Thanks.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Agree with the above statement, mine would not leave me for less than $600.00..................

Reactions: Lomax

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
It really doesn't make any difference what somebody thinks a used gun is worth. It can have any price tag on it that the owner sees fit but in the end it's only worth what a buyer is willing to pay an owner to get the gun.

Don

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
My Rossi .454 has a price tag of $500 on it and I'm not in any hurry to sell it either.

·
9,107 Posts
$500 - $600 depending on condition. CASS and SASS shooters will pay a premium.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
It really doesn't make any difference what somebody thinks a used gun is worth. It can have any price tag on it that the owner sees fit but in the end it's only worth what a buyer is willing to pay an owner to get the gun.

Don
Thanks Mr. Obvious!................:)

Reactions: TonyC2639

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
$500 - $600 depending on condition. CASS and SASS shooters will pay a premium.
This is very true...that caliber disappears very quickly as I found when looking for a lever action carbine and really wanted the .357. I ended up settling for a lightly used Marlin in 44 Magnum. I think if you can agree on 500 you will have done well and an extra 50 between friends is no big deal to my mind.

Oh...and don't forget the pictures!! :D

here's a new one for sale:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/196954

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
The last two years the prices have really jumped. I bought mine lightly used for $345 OTD at Woodbury's a while back. Now used is higher than new.

Maloy

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
FWIW I paid $450 for a very nice blued one with a 16" barrel yesterday from a local forum.Safety has popped out but no biggie to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts