Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the top guns on my short list. I was checking out a LGS the other day, and he had a 4" blued 992 in the case. I asked him if the stainless models are coming soon, and he told wait a minute, and went to the back room I thought he was checking with a supplier, or on line. He came out of the back room with a 992 4" stainless in hand. The price he quoted was $529. Sounds a bit high compared with some I-Net prices I've seen, but gets a little closer when you add shipping and transfer fee.
Just wondering what his price sounds like to others. I haven't bought from him before, so I don't know how firm his prices are. I did think about going back, cash in hand, and offering $500 and I'll pay the Governor's 6.85%, or his $529, and he pays the Governor.

·
Registered
28,077 Posts
That price seems totally OK to me.
If the store is a good one, friendly, competent help, willing to order stuff - I'd support them at that price.

But &^% you!
That has been on my list for a long time, but since I have a .22 LR revolver, I have been reluctant to spread the cash.
But looking around, I notice that the .17 HMR tracker is going for significantly less than even the 991, let alone the 992.
Hmmm...

·
Registered
24,937 Posts
Around here that would be about 80 bucks high but it all depends on where you live and how high the demand is.

·
Registered
28,077 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But &^% you!
LOL! And to P' you off more, I don't really know why I want the 992 over a 990. Just because it's unique I guess. I have a Heritage Rough Rider with both cylinders, and rarely us the Magnum wheel.

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
I would try the $500.00 and tax, out the door. There is hardly anything available on Gallary of Guns right now. GunBroker has them, but, like you said, there is shipping and transfer fees.

·
Registered
555 Posts
One of the top guns on my short list. I was checking out a LGS the other day, and he had a 4" blued 992 in the case. I asked him if the stainless models are coming soon, and he told wait a minute, and went to the back room I thought he was checking with a supplier, or on line. He came out of the back room with a 992 4" stainless in hand. The price he quoted was $529. Sounds a bit high compared with some I-Net prices I've seen, but gets a little closer when you add shipping and transfer fee.
Just wondering what his price sounds like to others. I haven't bought from him before, so I don't know how firm his prices are. I did think about going back, cash in hand, and offering $500 and I'll pay the Governor's 6.85%, or his $529, and he pays the Governor.
I bought a 992 blued with 6 1/2 barrel @ Grabagun.com Guns ? Guns For Sale ? Grabagun.com Online Gun Store for $437.00 shipped.That didn't include my FFL transfer fee of $25.00. Just note along these lines, not quite the same situation. But it will help you gauge price.

That was a May 15th purchase BTW.

·
Registered
28,077 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, &^%$ ([email protected] &^@# and %^&%#[email protected]!
How's the trigger on the Heritage?
Nice S/A trigger. I got the fixed sight model, wanting to keep it as close to a Cowboy gun as I could. I did need to do a little "Old West" front sight adjustment (bending) to get it to POA, but it shoots great now.

The best part is it's most accurate with 550 bulk RGB from Wally World. Now if I can just find some when my last two boxes are gone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts