1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
And that person is going to ship it how?
It's in the auction - buyer pays actual shipping which means he's going to eat the standard Hazmat fee for one box of primers plus UPS ground costs. $200+ for a $30 item. That's desperate!

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
At that price I may sell some of my stash! :eek:

·
Registered
38,432 Posts
I was out trolling some of the local gun shops/pawn shops this morning after getting my hair cut.
saw both CCI large and small primers at 49.99 per thousand.
I would guess they had 6-8,000 of each.
the price before was 42 per K.
had plenty of different powders, a few projectiles.
I don't buy very much from them as they do RCBS which is high, and then the components as mentioned are high as well.
didn't pick any up as I can order from powder valley for 26 per k, If i pick up 4-5 thousand i am ahead by buying online, if they have them.

·
Administrator
19,758 Posts
Yeesh! :rolleyes: My last buy on Magtech Small Pistol Primers at a local Gunshop, back in November 2012, was at $35 per thousand and I bought 4000.

Primers were getting scarce back then and I thought I had better ante up, regardless. Glad I did. :)

Won't be buying components for awhile, till things settle down, and I've got enough to keep me shooting for awhile. :cool:

·
Premium Member
17,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
17,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
.... I can order from powder valley for 26 per k, If i pick up 4-5 thousand i am ahead by buying online, if they have them.
Yeah the last bulk batch I bought from them worked out to be $29.98 / 1,000 delivered, including freight and hazmat. Of course they are out. They'll still accept an order but you'll have to wait...???...forever???

·
Registered
18,383 Posts
Yesterday I picked up 1000 CCI small pistol primers for $38 and a pound of W231 for $26 at my local supply shop. Now if I could find some .224 projectiles at something close to reasonable prices I would do that. The place I was buying .224 bullets went from $47 to $139 for 500. I didn't buy any! Of course whatever supply they got was sold in a day or 2.

·
Registered
38,432 Posts
Yeah the last bulk batch I bought from them worked out to be $29.98 / 1,000 delivered, including freight and hazmat. Of course they are out. They'll still accept an order but you'll have to wait...???...forever???
Yea , close to the same for me!
I usually order 4-6 K primer or more and 4-5-6 pounds of powder,(may throw in a few projectiles here and there) so that spreads the haz mat fee and shipping out a bit over that many items!
heck at the price of primers and powder locally now I could buy 2K primers and break even and have them put on the door step.
I am sitting on 10,000 primers plus a bit of change (loose packs), thats near a years supply with the ammo i already got loaded up.

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
Up until December I was lucky on primers and powder, I could get Winchester primers under $30.00/1000 and 4#’s of Bullseye for around $65.00 including tax. It was nice not having to lay out a lot of money at 1 time to get a decent price. Glad I was following the use 1 buy 2 rule for the past couple of years, I can ride out the shortages for a while.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Those bids do look funny -- the coincidence of a series of bidders all having bird species names and low auction numbers? Hmmm . . . .

As far as supplies go, early on there was stuff around, but now it's tough and timing to pick up components. I was wondering why 30-30 was hard to pick up, but I've heard people are buying up 30-30 ammo to break it down for components to reload 308.

I was setting up to start reloading a batch for stash, but the way it looks, it might be better only load what I need, and hold onto the individual components for barter/sale if needed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I need primers I will look around Monday I am off . Lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
My two bits - call first. Gas is also very expensive!! ARG.
Going to the range and I'm driving my hot rod diesel truck going to leave my carbon foot print .......... In a big way !:)

Reactions: airwrench
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.