Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made the decision to be the g2c I know it's hard to say you will run in problems. I just want know what everyone with the g2c TOP pick for ammo. I just want to try and avoid as many snags as I can cause I don't have a LOT of money is the biggest thing. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Mine doesn't care what I shoot. It shoots everything I have tried and I generally shoot cheap stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only ammo I had any problems with was Winchester steel forged. And even then, I only had 2 FTF out of the 50 rounds I used. And I put those 2 back in later and they fired fine. I've also tried Blazer brass, magtech, American eagle, Remington umc, Winchester white box, pmc bronze, armscore and sig vcrown (as a self defense ammo) and they all fired perfectly and without problems. All 115 grain except for the signal, which was 124. Pretty sure these guns will eat absolutely any ammo at all!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I prefer American Eagle ammunition...which isn't to say that my G2 couldn't handle anything else. I just choose not to use anything else at this time due to the predictable reliability that I have had with said ammunition.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Winchester forged is the ammo I have shot the most through my G2c, it works fine in mine. I shoot Tula steel but Walmart doesn't carry it anymore, Federal has become cheaper. Federal, Remington, Winchester, Maxx Brass, Blazer all have worked for me with no issues.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've shot Federal, Perfecta (Fiocchi), and Remington 115 gr FMJ, ZQI 123 gr FMJ, and Hornady Critical dEfense 115 gr JHP woth no issues. I didn't have any Winchester white box to try or I would have shot that, too.

Reactions: Silverbullit

·
Registered
17 Posts
My G2c could care less what ammo I have put in it, I have not had any problems with any brand or weight. I do enjoy shooting the Fiocchi 158 GR FMJ Subsonic, even though it does cost a bit more than the cheap winchester white box.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Forged and the Hornady with the FTX tip inserts are the only 2 I had issues with. Forged failure to eject and the Hornady tip inserts failure to feed up the ramp all the way even after being polished.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pretty much any ammo with gun powder in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love my G2C (and quite liked the PT111 G2 I owned before it that I traded away for a shotgun {they feel great in the hand and eat anything}), but they can't shoot as accurate as a G27 at 25 years (can't really hit much at all with the G2c'PT111 beyond 7 yards).
Has anyone gotten a particular brand & weight to shoot accurately at distance with them? (I know every gun's different & hitting your target at 7 yards every time is everything you really need from a pocket pistol, but I feel like it could do better & they're more alike than different in the end).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Love my G2C (and quite liked the PT111 G2 I owned before it that I traded away for a shotgun {they feel great in the hand and eat anything}), but they can't shoot as accurate as a G27 at 25 years (can't really hit much at all with the G2c'PT111 beyond 7 yards).
Has anyone gotten a particular brand & weight to shoot accurately at distance with them? (I know every gun's different & hitting your target at 7 yards every time is everything you really need from a pocket pistol, but I feel like it could do better & they're more alike than different in the end).
I shot a parts cannon at it and it's pretty much hitting 2 inch circles at 15 feet. For a pocket/ back up gun it's doing way better than my SD9 VE with Full Apex treatment and Trij HD XRs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use Federal 150 grain HST for micro pistols in my PT111-G2. The expansion is excellent and uniform and the low velocity (below 900fps) noticeably reduces recoil. Penetration in gel tests is well within federal bureau standards.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
So I made the decision to be the g2c I know it's hard to say you will run in problems. I just want know what everyone with the g2c TOP pick for ammo. I just want to try and avoid as many snags as I can cause I don't have a LOT of money is the biggest thing. Thank you in advance!
Over the course of the thousands of rounds I've put through my three G2 pistols, I've run through a lot of different kinds of ammo just as compatibility tests...except for steel cased stuff. My range doesn't permit it, and steel-cased ammo in my area has never been cheaper than decent brass or aluminum-cased ammo.

The only ammo I've pinpointed as problematic has been Winchester Western white box. For some reason I consistently get 1 hard primer out of every 50-round box of WW white box.

Nothing else has ever given me a problem, brass or aluminum.

My general training ammo is something like an 80/20 mix of Federal brass and Winchester (T)rain. I carry with Winchester (D)efend loaded. I like the Winchester Train and Defend because they're optimized for short barrels.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have a whole list of ammo I do not shoot thru my G2c........Non brass casings....yep, that is my list!! And that is because I do not use it in any of my firearms, not because the G2c would not be able to handle it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Actually for target use I seem to get the best results with S&B or Aguila 124 gr ammo. I use Federal 147 gr HST for carry ammo

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had some issues with aluminum case ammo once. I only bought a box of it because it was a buck cheaper than the brass case of the same brand.

I have never had any problems with brass case ammo of a variety of brands. So I just buy brass case ammo, and my gun is very happy.

I use Hornady Critical Duty for carry ammo, and it shoots that just fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts