Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my order from Precision Delta for 9 mm 124 gr FMJ and JHP bullets. As before, service and quality are first rate. I had seen one post commenting that Precision Delta's bullets varied in diameter, so I checked a random sample of a couple of dozen of the JHP's. While I'm not an expert with a micrometer they were round within less than 0.0005" and varied bullet to bullet even less, so I don't think I have any complaint.

What seems to be a sign of the times is that in January 1000 FMJ bullets were $79.00 and in March they were $85 (both with free shipping). I went over to Berry's and they had exactly the same prices and price change (and free shipping as well). Not sure if it is the cost lf metals or the demand but reloading still saves money even in 9mm.

When I saw the JHP's I had a head slap moment. While I'm not overly concerned about lead exposure, if I can reduce exposure I do. I hadn't even thought about the fact that the base of the JHP would be copper instead of lead like the FMJ. Assuming they shoot as well as the FMJ RN I believe I have a new favorite bullet. I just wish they would make the same bullet in 0.357".

·
Super Moderator
36,789 Posts
I am still working off an order of 230 grain 45 cal from them and I like them a lot. Not liking the sound of price increases.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still working off an order of 230 grain 45 cal from them and I like them a lot. Not liking the sound of price increases.
Yeah, seems to be widespread. I know metals have been rising (seen all the news articles about copper thefts?) but I have a feeling demand due to "stocking up" is part of it as well and that isn't good for an industry.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Just went and checked on the 124 JHP, out of stock, backordered.
Guess you got the last of them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They had the same status when I ordered them, but they came in two weeks, in the same package as the FMJ whose status was "in stock". I had an email exchange with Patricia in CS when I hadn't had an order update after a week. She told me then that the FMJ's were being made and the JHP's were just behind them in production. As I said, I ordered them on a Thursday and they arrived USPS on Saturday, 16 days later, which I considered pretty good. I guess their production line must be going full bore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts