Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pre Taurus USA model 66 .357. I need the rear sight elevation assembly, which includes the lug, adjustment screw, spring washer, click pin, and click pin spring. Not available from Taurus as it's "too old" and they do not support the pre Taurus USA guns. Would s&w parts work? I found all 5 parts for sale, but don't want to spend $$$ if they won't work...

·
Registered
24,809 Posts
Can't help with your question but I will say welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
I have a pre Taurus USA model 66 .357. I need the rear sight elevation assembly, which includes the lug, adjustment screw, spring washer, click pin, and click pin spring. Not available from Taurus as it's "too old" and they do not support the pre Taurus USA guns. Would s&w parts work? I found all 5 parts for sale, but don't want to spend $$$ if they won't work...
Try here, another member recently posted this website. https://www.apexgunparts.com/taurus...-adjustable-rear-sight-plain-nos-pending.html

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
A gunsmith could adapt most any adjustable sight to your gun.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy the parts unless I could get a guarantee that I could send them back if they didn't fit. I don't have a 66, but I have the similarly sized model 82 in .38 Special. I ordered some old model 66 wood target grips for it (to replace the rubber target grips) and they didn't fit. Not even close. They've changed the gun over the years, so it would be difficult to know if S&W parts will work on your old gun without trying them first. I don't know if even Numrich distinguishes between new and old Taurus 66's with parts.

Maybe you could take your gun to a gun store and compare the sights to an old Smith and Wesson model 66 or 67, if they have one. Best wishes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts