Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new favorite nephew today. Yesterday, he was travelling through Houston, and gives me a call from Lohman Arms there. Primers out the wazoo, so I tell him to get me a couple thousand. This morning he's at the gun show in New Braunfels, Texas. He discovers a huge cache of powders. Eight pounds of Bullseye, and a couple of pounds of 2400 headed back up this way in a few days. It pays to have those feelers and lookers out there for ya!

I have a couple of thousand bullets from Missouri Bullet Co, already, so I'm ready to do some reloading at the first opportunity!:)

If any of you Texans are near New Braunfels, you might want to check the show out. Early! These powders were running something just over $24 a pound.

Super Moderator
Very nice score.

Registered
Good on ya lad.

Administrator
At this point, paying $30 or more for a pound of handgun powder doesn't seem too steep. Can't wait until it starts returning locally.

Premium Member
I have a new favorite nephew today. Yesterday, he was travelling through Houston, and gives me a call from Lohman Arms there. Primers out the wazoo, so I tell him to get me a couple thousand. This morning he's at the gun show in New Braunfels, Texas. He discovers a huge cache of powders. Eight pounds of Bullseye, and a couple of pounds of 2400 headed back up this way in a few days. It pays to have those feelers and lookers out there for ya!

I have a couple of thousand bullets from Missouri Bullet Co, already, so I'm ready to do some reloading at the first opportunity!:)

If any of you Texans are near New Braunfels, you might want to check the show out. Early! These powders were running something just over $24 a pound.
Have you started casting yet? A good way to spend a cool day outdoors around here....

Registered
Good nephew! This world needs more like him!

Banned
Such a good deal indeed. agree.gif

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you started casting yet? A good way to spend a cool day outdoors around here....
I did for several years, but casting is just one of those things I just didn't really enjoy. Sold all of my equipment to a friend. Savings on projectiles is phenomenal, especially if you don't have to buy lead. I used and mixed scavenged projectiles from backstops and had a guy in town that gave me all his old wheel weights. I'm now a Missouri Bullet Company fan!

Reactions: texastaurusguy

Registered
Good deal Smoke! Glad your nephew found the powders and primers for you. 10 LBS of powder and 2,000 primers - looks like Christmas comes early for you! And New Braunfels is a great area too. Got family (in-laws) there, San Antonio and also Hondo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts