Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you take to a holiday dinner? My wife's specialty is a really tasty broccoli/cheese casserole. Is your contribution expected or do you like to surprise?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I like to bring a "Corn Casserole" that's tasty and easy to make. Some call it ""Scalloped Corn". It's just cream corn, cracker cumbs, butter and suger all baked together. MY wife also has a really good Buffalo Chicken Dip that she makes if we need an appetizer for a gathering. That stuff is good on crackers, bread, pretzels, whatever!

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
10,379 Posts
Pot lucks I'll usually bring pulled pork in barbeque sauce and homemade rolls for BBQ sandwiches or some kind of dessert; cookies, cake, bars, etc.

·
10,379 Posts
I like to bring a "Corn Casserole" that's tasty and easy to make. Some call it ""Scalloped Corn". It's just cream corn, cracker cumbs, butter and suger all baked together. MY wife also has a really good Buffalo Chicken Dip that she makes if we need an appetizer for a gathering. That stuff is good on crackers, bread, pretzels, whatever!
Oh man, now I'm hungry for scalloped corn, haven't had that in forever. You ever try it with some hominy mixed into the creamed corn? Mm mm good.

I can tell, this is going to be another one of those "Watch Wolf gain 10 lbs just by reading a thread" threads.

Reactions: smithlock

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Funny - my girlfriend just asked me what we were bringing...I usually bake my mom's butterscotch apple pie with scratch made criss-cross crust.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Last couple of pot lucks, my wife made soup. Potato Sausage Soup and then Sausage Tortellini Soup. :thumb:

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I take my Electric Blankets.

Jalepeno halves stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, mufletta, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, and basil.

These are then wrapped in sausage (i.e., Jimmy Dean) and baked in the oven until the sausage is golden brown.

Great hot or cold.

NOTICE: This is NOT a heart healthy choice.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Gooey Butter Cake, a dip made from ranch, salsa, habanero and bird peppers. Possibly a scratch made pineapple upside down cake, homemade bread pudding with bourbon-butter sauce.

Sarge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts