Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain to me how to rename a link I would like to post?
I noticed sometimes a long like will say" ClickHere". How do you do that?

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Post the link like you normally would, then edit the text that comes up to what you want. Click in the middle of the text and add what you want, then delete the other characters before and after, this should keep you from breaking the link.

Click Here

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
wow, i thought it linked to a different thread, so i kept clicking "click here". then i had to close all those tabs....
Almost sounded like an old blond joke: Matchbook cover printed on both sides: "Know how to keep a blonde busy for hours? See other side."

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
When I clicked here, I was expecting a picture of the View and the Smith monster side, by side! :D:D

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
When I clicked here, I was expecting a picture of the View and the Smith monster side, by side! :D:D
I did not forget you, I should have my regular camera back later today, cell phone camera will do it no justice.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Can anyone explain to me how to rename a link I would like to post?
I noticed sometimes a long like will say" ClickHere". How do you do that?
This is the method I use, I will normally use 2 browser windows to make it easy.
1. From the link you want to use copy the URL address
2. In your post type the word/s you want to indicate the link, i.e. "Click here"
3. Highlight the word/s "Click Here"
4. From the icons above, select the first one to the right of the Smilie face. Should look like the Earth with a link of chain at the bottom
5. Paste the link you want to use in the URL box of the window that opens up and click ok.

The words should now be a different color than the rest of your post, indicating that they are "hyperlinked"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts