Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please always remember to chill your beer responsibly! This could come in handy for the folks that like to down some suds while watching the Giants have their way with the Pats. The FL guys can disregard as we all know that you put ice cubes in your beer (yuck), UK and other European beer aficionados like theirs room temp (go figure?). :D

3 Ways to Chill Your Superbowl Beer FAST (UPDATED)

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Really!! Ice cubes in beer!! Who does this???:chug:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Bought me some of those stainless-steel cubes from Brookstone. Freeze'em, dunk 'em. No dilution of beer in my large stein. Works for me when I'm doing more sippin than chuggin... ;)

Just love hi-tech!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Saw a mythbusters episode where they tried to find the fastest way to chill beer cans. CO2 Fire extinguisher was the fastest after that was immersing them in a cooler of water, ice and salt.

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I remember a night back when I was a Jarhead where we conducted the same experiment. To cool fast use the salt, water and ice. To keep cool longer just ice with a drain open to drain any water. Otherwise the water will raise the temperature of the sitting beer.

As for beer temp it depends on the beer and personal tastes. To most Americans colder is better but some beers do taste better at room temp. But a good German beer may actually taste much better warm. But that lovely PI beer known as San Miquel, colder seems to be best. We used to hit a place called Peso Jimmy's simply because he served beer that was cold enough to have ice crystals on the bottle. Man, was that good. And at 5 1/2 cents cheap but more expensive than most others there. You could take a $20 bill out, get drunk, stuffed and have "companionship" and change.

Sarge

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Plan ahead
Go through the frig and throw out all the useless stuff like yogurt, salad, bottled water ... Pack the frig with all the beer you can afford. Leave room only for onion dip, salsa, cheese, hot sauce.
Cheer for the Patriots!!
pats.jpg

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Most years all the Super Bowl means to me is a food fest with the game on in the background barely even noticed. And this year is no different. My usual sports invlove two wheels and a motor.

Sarge

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
We just leave our beer in the garage along with our hanging wild game, is colder than a meat locker in there 'cept in the summer....

Shiver.gif

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
That's football I can get behind Shinsou!

Sarge

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I think the goal posts are made out of Slim Jims™.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
HEY -- stop picking on us FL guys. We can't help it!! At least we've got ice cubes down here where it's hot all winter :D

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I throw a couple beers on top of the ice in the ice maker and the rest in the freezer if the brewskis aren't cold. The first couple get cold in about 10 minutes. What's up with the Vegas line giving 3 pts to the Pats, it should be even. From all I've heard this years game will be one of the best and most watched ever, big viewer markets for both teams. Go Giants, yeah baby!

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
You guys are making want to drink beer during the game.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts