Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Since there's a great thread going on over at THR about the 15 yard post your target challenge, I thought it'd be cool to have one over here specifically for our Taurus firearms. I'll start it off.
PT140MilPro
WWB 165grain
10 yards
30 rounds

·
Super Moderator
35,085 Posts
Don't have any for my Tauri; however, shot this one for another board when I was stickin' up for my Ruger P90 against all the detractors. Funny, but there are Ruger bashers, too, and Ruger is American! Hmmmm, guess it's NOT a 1911 or a Smith and Wesson.

The groups are sand bag rested at 25 yards with my defense load and my plinker target load using a 200 grain SWC cast from a Lee mold. I worked one up using blue dot with that bullet to carry outdoors in the gun, makes over 500 ft lbs and should be plenty adequate even in black bear country for protection. The thing is revolver accurate as you can see. The grids on that one target are 1". Actually, I think I mislabled that 200 grain SWC, cause I use 5.0 grains of bullseye with that bullet for targets/plinking, but that may have been an experiment or something, don't remember, but my Bullseye load is just as accurate.

·
Registered
178 Posts
When I picked up my PT-145 a couple of years ago, I took to the range that same day and all I had to shoot was the ammo I shoot in my 1911's. Federal 230gr Hydrashoks. I shot this target with two full mags. That proves that they both work and really showed the accuracy potential of this gun. I also found that for practice purposes MagTec 230gr FMJ shoots to the same point of aim. Here is the first target I ever shot with the 145 at 15yards.

·
Super Moderator
35,085 Posts
Hmm, I didn't notice the 15 yard thing. I shot mine at 25 and it's a rested group determining the accuracy of the weapon, so it's a cheater group. LOL I may go to the range Sunday with the .45 or one of my .357s and if so I'll shoot a 15 yard off hand target for this thread if I think about it. I gotta work tomorrow. :'(

·
Registered
20 Posts
here is one i was shooting at several different distances, they are marked as to the distance i was shooting from.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Picked up my Taurus 605, today. These are the first targets with thm. Also have a target from my S&W Sigma 9VE, shot today for compariosn. All targets shot at 50 ft.

Comments: The 605 functioned well. Shot a total of about 60 rounds of .38/.357 ammo. Thoughts about the .357, (ouch) :-[ Haven't shot a .357 in a while, and this is the lightest one I've ever shot. It will take some time to become familiar with the lighter gun. I think I'll be looking for some .38+P for a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts