Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for folks' results with refinishing the MilPro pistol.

Mine is getting a bit of holster wear. I've thought about refinishing the slide with duracoat- anyone done this? How's it look without the scrollwork highlighted?

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I personally like the thin spots at the front of the slide, from holstering and drawing it. Mine is thin on the raised area's that you grip to rack the slide too. Do not know enough about doing a refinish to attempt that stuff anyway.

·
15,931 Posts
Well, actually, the PT111 is only from Oct 2007, but with the slide looking like I have had it for a long time and used it much it just looks like it was a good weapon. Actually less than 1000 rd thru it. It was my qualification gun, for CCDW. I carry it or Rossi 461, 357 all day everyday here on the farm, until my license gets back from the state.

If I had wanted pretty, I probably would have gotten Stainless, like my JUDGE. My 357 is shiny BLACK, and even rubbing around in my jackets, vests, and pants pockets the finish looks just like it did when I bought it even though it sometimes rides in an IWB.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Robby said:
Well, actually, the PT111 is only from Oct 2007, but with the slide looking like I have had it for a long time and used it much it just looks like it was a good weapon. Actually less than 1000 rd thru it. It was my qualification gun, for CCDW. I carry it or Rossi 461, 357 all day everyday here on the farm, until my license gets back from the state.

If I had wanted pretty, I probably would have gotten Stainless, like my JUDGE. My 357 is shiny BLACK, and even rubbing around in my jackets, vests, and pants pockets the finish looks just like it did when I bought it even though it sometimes rides in an IWB.
Hey robby this is off topic but i saw in your sig that you own a judge, How does it handle and shoot

·
15,931 Posts
Well, My Judge is the 6.5" barrel, and it shoots POA pretty much. I have not gone over about 45 feet really. I have put from 200 gr cowboy loads, up to 250 JHP thru it. 410's I have only been able to buy #4 #8 & #9 shot. I have only used #4 & 9, but the pattern after about 21 feet is pretty poor. Just remember I said to POA, and sometimes I shake a bit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
thanks, was thinking of getting one for Home defense because of the .410 and .45 and it is a pretty unique piece as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts