Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since rediscovering revolvers, been thinking what's next? Local Academy has poly 605 available, so that would be another snubbie to go with my 856, and I'm for some reason intrigued by a polymer revolver; also have 627 Tracker in stock, so there's an all steel, 7 round, 4" barrel option. They don't seem to restock as they sell items. Probably get one or the other tomorrow. What say you?

Reactions: silverstring

·
Super Moderator
40,391 Posts
I picked up a used Poly 605 on sale at a can't pass price. Have not shot it yet. Looks interesting. One day I need to get it out to the range. Thinking it might make a good option to carry while out fishing in the Everglades.

·
Super Moderator
34,944 Posts
I got the 605 Poly. I LOVE it, so easy on the hip, so light. It's very accurate and handles magnums well. I carry it all the time on an OWB belt slide holster, but it's so light, it carrys well in a pocket. If I pocket carried it all the time, I'd probably grind off the little tip of the hammer spur that extends from the gun, but I don't and I want to keep the ability to cock the gun.

You'd think full house 140 grain magnums would rock your world, but they're very controllable in the gun. The DA is a bit stiff, but smooth and easily controlled. The gun is quite accurate and having magnum power on my hip is reassuring. :D I gave $300 for mine direct from Taurus using a voucher. Sure was a great purchase. I carry this gun constantly except when I go do a big town and want more firepower. Then my TH9c takes over. :D

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
34,944 Posts
Another thought, mine's the stainless model. No worries over rust with THIS baby. :D It's accurate enough I'd carry it hiking if I could still hike. :D It shoots CCI snake loads well, too, but I have been carrying my old Rossi M68 for snakes. I don't use it for much else, but it's a good old revolver. That leaves my 605 poly for defense with JHPs when I'm armed for snakes. This time of year, I carry around the house for snakes. I nearly stepped on a cotton mouth last spring, killed it with my 9mm, but the thing had to stop moving, i hit it when it stopped on the 4th try. THAT'S why I decided to start carrying snake shot this time of year. Haven't seen one this season, but I know they're out. Saw one on the road that I managed to kill with the truck and my neighbor had a copper head on his back porch the other morning.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for you guys' feedback.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up the 605 poly; cylinder locks up tight, all seems to line up perfect with the barrel. Have to do some searching later, no idea what the allen wrench is for, I'll go back over the manual. Lock key looks to git the different screws in the frame. And I seem to remember that the little rubber thing is supposed to be a speed strip. Anyway, can't wait to get to take it to the range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts