Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Wolff Springs shooters pack to lighten the heavy double action trigger pull of my 651 revolver. The kit listed compatible with models 73, 85, and 605 revolvers, I gave it a try on my 651 because it is just a humpback version of the 605. Long story short, changing the hammer spring wasn't hard, but it made my revolver very unreliable and had to be reversed. The 9 lb. trigger spring was maddening to change and had little effect on double action trigger pull. I do not recommend lightening the springs in the Taurus model 651.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I too had poor results with the shooters pack in my old M905. Went back to the factory springs.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
While I have has great success using Wolffe® springs in my Ruger® and S&W® revolvers; I can't say the same when used in any of my Taurus® revolvers. Had many FTF/Light stikes in my 38 Special and 357 Magnum guns. Not complaining as I love my Taurus® revolvers, but; NOT with Wolffe® springs - just sayin'.....

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Sorry to be anwering so late, but just saw this.

While you'd think the lock and ignition mechanisms on small frame Taurus revolvers were all the same, for some reason it doesn't work that way.

Example: my Model 605 2" was ugly hard to pull when I got it. Didn't get any better with time, so I bought Wolff springs for it. Immediately started getting too many FTFs, ans switched back to factories and waited for time to smooth it out. and it has.

My 851 was also way too hard to pull, in fact my wife could barely fire it DA. Put in Wolff Springs, worked like a champ, and have never had a FTF.

So, all I can say is: experiment. Works on some models, not on others.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wherefore art thou acquiring these replacement springs? :confused: I perused the Wolff site but seems they only offer reduced power springs in a couple of weights. Not even the OEM versions. Where does one get factory OEM power springs from? I'm not particularly wanting to lower the weights in my 2 - 605 2" snubbies. Just want some to keep on hand for maintenance. Normal pull weight is OK by me. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Wherefore art thou acquiring these replacement springs? :confused: I perused the Wolff site but seems they only offer reduced power springs in a couple of weights. Not even the OEM versions. Where does one get factory OEM power springs from? I'm not particularly wanting to lower the weights in my 2 - 605 2" snubbies. Just want some to keep on hand for maintenance. Normal pull weight is OK by me. Any ideas?

Try Numerich Gun Parts, they have replacement OEM springs for many Taurus revolvers.

605. Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts