Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again;
New membe but I sought out a Taurus forum to get some opinions. Anyone have some of those? lol

I have fancied Taurus in the past and even own one or two. Am going to Alaska in late June and decided upon a new Tracker in 44 Mag. (vs. my short heavy-barreled Rossi 357) because of its power packed in a relatively small frame size and weight as well as the price point. But every, EVERY, time I turn around I read or am told in person to stay away from them nowadays. My buddy at the gunshop says "friends don't let friends buy Taurus." Says its good they have a lifetime warranty 'cause he has sent back almost everyone he has sold either immediately or after a few hundrded rounds. A reknowned gunsmith in a recent article touching upon an issue I had with this particular arm told me he would not recommend any Taurus anymore, that they are poor at best, and had to be talked in to even working on one for me if I buy one! What's going on here?!

PAK

·
Registered
579 Posts
Do not believe everything yo hear. There is alot of Taurus bashing out there. A gun is a mechanical device and sometimed they will fail. That is true for all the manufacturers. I have several and have not had any problems. I will always own one and have no reservations. There is nothing better that a day at the range with your buddies and have a flawless day with your Taurus. At the same time watching them experience FTF and FTE ect with their Glocks and Walthers.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Muttmutt said it as well as anyone could in that all manufacturers put out the occasional lemon. Strictly speaking from personal experience however as someone who has owned several Taurus firearms, both past and present, I've never had problem #1 with any of mine.

In fact, they've all been well made, reliable and accurate. That's a testament to me of their quality and ergo has me standing in line buying more of their products time and again.

I own a Tracker in .357 and it's seen many hot 125 gr. and 158 gr. rounds down the tube without a hitch.

I'm happy you've joined us though and can hear first-hand experiences from Taurus owners rather from some who criticize them due to a bad experience they had once 25 years prior or because they know of a guy whose brother's Father-in-Law's mechanic had one once and said it was junk.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks -- that's comforting 'cause I just don't see a lot of choices out there. Truth be told, I am reading this in reviews and hearing it from gunsmiths and stores -- your experience is your own which I've shared. I look forward to hearing others'. Thanks again Sir.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
You're very welcome. You may wish to post in the revolver subforum as well and ask owners of the Trackers to share their thoughts on the series with you. We have a good group of people here and I think most would be more than happy to recount their experiences.

:)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome From Arizona :wave:

Glad that you are here..look around and have fun ;)
You have definitely come to the right place, the members here give real answers that are from using Taurus more than reading about them :) :) :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
First of all welcome. Secondly "poor quality" IMHO has not been an issue that I am aware of in the Tracker models. Like you, I spent a considerable time researching my purchase and the "issues" mentioned by REPUTALBE sources were no better or worse than other brands that cost considerably more. A simple fact is that this type of specialized revolver is only available from a limited number of manufacturers; Smith & Wesson, Colt and Ruger come to mind. All good products. However If you want a reliable and accurate revolver that won't break the bank the Tracker is a good bet.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota! I've had many Taurus' and still have 5. They have held up fine
for me. Years ago when all I drove was Ford trucks I didn't care for Chevy. Now I drive a Chevy
and don't care much for Ford. Ya know what I mean? BUT, I'll tell you this. I don't go around bashing Fords. They're still great trucks. So I don't bash guns I don't own. :judge:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts