Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the wife and I decide to go to Conway's BBQ for lunch today. They have pretty good ribs. As I reach for the door to open it for my lovely wife, I almost didn't notice this; 032.jpg The sign was so faded, the red lettering could barely be seen. I don't think this is a legal posting, but I was a good CCH owner and returned to the truck and locked my PT145 in the glove compartment. However, we will not be patronizing this restaurant again. My money only goes where my gun is welcome.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
That's one thing I like about Florida, I can choose to ignore the sign, only breaking the law if I am discovered and refuse to leave if asked. I do my best to not return to places that have the signs regardless of the law.

·
Administrator
35,567 Posts
If it's not the legal sign, it can probably be ignored....but be sure. If you decide to not grace their restaurant with your presence again, you need to call or go by there, ask for the manager, and tell them that, and why. It does no good if they don't hear it.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
If it's not the legal sign, it can probably be ignored....but be sure. If you decide to not grace their restaurant with your presence again, you need to call or go by there, ask for the manager, and tell them that, and why. It does no good if they don't hear it.
I agree. Check the laws in your particular state.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
The sign is pretty faded but the No Gun symbol is still clear if this went to court it could go either way, I think the OP did the right thing. Also agree that if you aren't going to go back you need to let them know why.

·
Registered
606 Posts
aren't you "otherwise authorized by law" by virtue of holding a CHL?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I would have gone elsewhere, but that's just me.

Sent from my Eludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's one thing I like about Florida, I can choose to ignore the sign, only breaking the law if I am discovered and refuse to leave if asked.
After reading several threads on this subject, and I have to admit I am a bit confused. I will first admit being fairly new to handguns, but I do intend on attending my CCW class in a week and plan to carry as soon as allowed.

Wether the sign is legal or not for whatever reason, it expresses the wishes of the owner. We are expecting everyone to respect our right to carry, why would we not respect their right to serve or allow who they want into their establishment? This is all about choice, isn't it? They choose to not want to allow firearms and you can choose not to eat there if you don't like their choice.

If you claim to be a law abiding citizen and choose to ignore the sign until you get caught, sounds to me like you are not as law abiding as you claim.

Maybe I am missing something here...

Reactions: Fatboy

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
That's one thing I like about Florida, I can choose to ignore the sign, only breaking the law if I am discovered and refuse to leave if asked. I do my best to not return to places that have the signs regardless of the law.
Same story in MO. Maybe that's why so many places step away from a proper sign and create their own style - higher end stores are the worst. They must struggle with wanting to put one up but then it is done with light gray vinyl in the corner of the door in the font style of the store - very easy to miss - very.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
That way the can appeal to both sides of the argument without taking a stand.We want your money and only appear to be politically correct if it is convenient.

I choose not to do bidness with such places and will point it out to them.Unless you are talking to the owner of an independent business you are just talking to an hourly employee who may/may not care.They are only there for a paycheck and don't want the hassle of hearing about it.Corporate.....forget about it.

·
5,686 Posts
So, the wife and I decide to go to Conway's BBQ for lunch today. They have pretty good ribs. As I reach for the door to open it for my lovely wife, I almost didn't notice this; View attachment 53899 The sign was so faded, the red lettering could barely be seen. I don't think this is a legal posting, but I was a good CCH owner and returned to the truck and locked my PT145 in the glove compartment. However, we will not be patronizing this restaurant again. My money only goes where my gun is welcome.
This is exactly what Suzanna Hupp did which resulted in her parents being slaughtered. Personally I would have left and phoned them to tell them why.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts