Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to hear from folks who have put a decent number of 357 full house loads thru theirs. I'm thinking of getting one. Not interested in hearing about the ergonomics of them as I have fired one at the range and know how they feel. Just want to get an idea of how they hold up. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
35,681 Posts
I've put a couple hundred rounds of full house .357 through mine, but practice with .38 WCs. I love it, has held up quite well so far, but I've only had it 3 or 4 years. I got it direct from Taurus with a voucher I got at the first Sand Lake get together. I've carried it a LOT and it's very accurate. Accuracy tends to win me over. Everything's still tight and in time. Can't criticize what hasn't happened. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have had my poly protector for six months now, and have put about 500 (350 .38 and 150 .357) rounds through it, both my reloads and commercial ammunition. I have no complaints as to functionality except the cylinder release is still very stiff despite repeated cycling of it and adequate lubrication. It has gone 'bang' every time I pulled the trigger, and things still look tight and the screws have not come loose.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You know what would actually be nice: If Taurus made the Poly Protector in .357 with a three inch barrel and adjustable sights. This would make a perfect trail gun. Ruger does not seem to be in any hurry to release the LCRx in .357 with a three inch barrel.

Reactions: 57K

·
Super Moderator
35,681 Posts
There's a 4" adjustable sight SP101 that'd be a plenty good trail gun. :D I have used my 4" 66 for that, but it's sorta retired from trail duty. I don't do trails anymore on foot. :laugh:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use one of my 2.25" .357 SP-101 revolvers when I am hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing or XC skiing. I generally carry concealed in the backcountry, so size and weight are a consideration. I usually have it loaded with .357 158 grain JSP, which should be adequate for the typical two- or four- legged problems in the wet part of the Pacific Northwest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts