Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Any idea what brand of polymer is used in 24/7 series? I read that Ruger uses Isoplast from Dow. I don't know what is used in Glock. Anybody here who has used a 24/7 for a long time? Does the frame gets scratched easily? Is there any color change? Unfortunately, durability of the frame will be known only after a couple of years.

·
Registered
325 Posts
its a mixture of play-doh and silly putty. its heated to 1500 degrees and then froze at 800 below for twenty minutes. you can make it at home. no problem. 1 part play-doh, 2 parts silly putty.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I thought they cycled it a few times back and forth between 1500 and 800? I know the ramp time is 3 hours.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
barta said:
its a mixture of play-doh and silly putty. its heated to 1500 degrees and then froze at 800 below for twenty minutes. you can make it at home. no problem. 1 part play-doh, 2 parts silly putty.
I didn't realize the durability of children's toys.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah, but...

who makes it? what's its trade name?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I just looked at my manual and it just says it's polymer. No manufacturer or trade name that I can find.

·
Registered
132 Posts
its like saying, what brand of steel is used. I dont think we can say a specific brand of polymer, but I do know the glock's polymer is much, much better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kashdaddy said:
its like saying, what brand of steel is used. I dont think we can say a specific brand of polymer, but I do know the glock's polymer is much, much better.
That's what I wanted to know. How does 24/7 frame stack up against Glock's. I know MPanova here had shot 10,000 rounds through his 24/7. I think I should ask him how the frame has held up.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Frame holds up just fine. I have a .40 24/7 with over 5,000 rounds through with no cracks or significant signs of wear.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Morning and I was bored, too cold to do anything else! The paragraph below, is about gun type polymer's from one company only.

Custom glass-fiber-filled plastic material blended by Polymer and selected for low weight, chemical resistance, stiffness, low and high temperature performance, and weatherability. TPE overmold and recoil pad material. Special grade of 50% glass filled nylon for forearm insert.

You would never believe the variety of polymer's that are available in the market place.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
It's made from recycled "Twinkie" wrappers.

And eveyone knows the self life of a Twinkie is forever...
:yipee:

MOONDAWG

·
Registered
8 Posts
click on the Arma laser ad at the top of the page or at side of page and choose a taurus weapon (or any weapon probably) and read, it will tell you if you read it all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts