Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years back a few ammo companys tried their hand at making a plastic shell for auto loaders and handguns instead of brass. What became of that? All I saw were pictures.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Hey Ace...I posted in here about some Plastic casings...i think you are talking about the same stuff i want answers on....moved my post to another spot ...got my reply...i need to get the name of the ammo for him...i have a chance to buy alot of it for 9.00 a box...it has lead bullets which brings up another subject :bang:..wonder if it is just a fluke ammo or what...i will find out more today ;)

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
as far as i know they are actually still testing and prefecting.. im not sure if it's in mass production yet but it has'nt and probably wont go away sooner or later you will see poly casings as standard.

i kinda like the look,feel, and sound of brass but i wont fight moving ot poly cased ammo if it proves to be at least as good as brass..

but the sad thing is we wont see any price saving because the manufacture or a middle man will gobble up any slack in price.

i also doubt they'll be reloadable.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
cool..joe
the place i was going to maybe buy that ammo at has closed..
at least someone else has heard of it... ;)
non-reloadable ammo...Hmmmmmmmmmm... :rolleyes:
score one for the Anti's... :-\

1 - 4 of 4 Posts