Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new here but I'm considering a Public Defender Poly. I'm a big fan of Poly guns both in form and function and this one seems to fit what I've been looking for, a large cal revolver. So far I've been looking at this and the .357 poly also by Taurus. Just seems that the PD would give me more options. I'd welcome opinions on anyone who has shot either of them. Thanks...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for asking this question. I'll be interested to read the responses you receive.

Welcome to the finest handgun forum on the Internet!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just realized I may have put this in the wrong group tho, should have been in the Judge one I guess.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
The Judge gives you about as many options as the 357 revolver. Ammo for a 357 may be overall easier to get your hands on, seeing as how you can shoot either 357 mag or 38 special, and both of these calibers are much easier to get, as well as much cheaper than 45 long colt, typically.

I think it's pretty much a toss-up, just get the one you want more. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I own a Poly PD and a few 38/357s. (although I have not shot the poly version of 357 revolver)

The Poly was surprisingly easy to shoot, even with 45LC IMO. I think felt recoil is not much different than shooting a 357.

That said it's not something I'd take for a day at the range. (although blowing up pumkins with the Judge is a hoot) It is a carry gun, and a pretty darn good one IMVHO. I like the option of having the .410 for PD and the 45LC for elephant hunting. :D

38/357/410 ammo will probably run you about the same, so any cost difference will depend on how much .45 LC you shoot.

Probably comes down to your intended use of the gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts