Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a gently used one Thanksgiving day, and shot it for the first time today.

First 10 were 158 gr round nose 357 cartridges. Used the short grip that came with the gun. Group single action at 7 yards was about 3" and 4" double action. Stung my hand pretty well. Switched to the larger grip, and gun was a little easier to shoot. Grouped about the same.

Next was 158 gr 38 special, first with the smaller grip. Gun was easier to shoot, and groups went down about 1/2" for both single and double action. Switched to the larger grip, and single action went to about 1.5'" and double action about 2.5". The gun was easier to control and my hand didn't hurt at all after the 38's.

I am impressed with this inexpensive gun. Shoots good. Carries well with an IWB holster, or as a pocket carry. Easy to clean. I have found a new carry gun. Anyone have some speed strips for sale?? B-)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congratulations on the new wheelie, but...

:nopics:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new revolver.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Congrats on the new to you revolver.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.
I keep +P .38's in my m605 (metal frame). Magnums spit out too much fire from the short barrel. Not good at night. Then I'd be both blind from the flash and deaf from the added noise.
It's nice to have that option, if needed, though.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Oh very nice!

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.
I keep +P .38's in my m605 (metal frame). Magnums spit out too much fire from the short barrel. Not good at night. Then I'd be both blind from the flash and deaf from the noise.
It's nice to have that option, if needed, though.
"WHAT?" I can't SEE what you're saying.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh very nice!
It came with a JBP leather IWB holster for a j-frame, and it fits perfectly. The holster is also pretty comfortable. I just bought a Desantis dual carry thumb break holster on eBay. Should be here next week. I'll post about it after wearing it a few days.

What I'd really like to find is a K-Holster, but the company is out of business. I have 3 of his holsters for 3 different guns. To me, it's the most comfortable holster I've ever worn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts