Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to lgs today to window shop and get price on judge pd for up coming gun show. Just wondering which is better I am wating to carry this as a ccw so poly is lighter but wonder about the frame because I am goin to shoot this gun on a regular basis . The price is 429on the poly 499 for stainless. Money not the deal breaker I want a revolver and have never owned one and dont want mess up with a bad purchase. Any input is appericated Thank you

Reactions: melloyello

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I have always purchased metal-framed revolvers in the past, but I am very intrigued at the possibility of purchasing a 605 Poly. Polymer as a frame material has been very well tested in autos, although it is new to revolvers.

However, one of the biggest pluses in my book it that polymer handles recoil better because of the way it flexes and absorbs under fire. It should be the same thing with a poly Judge. You get light weight, but more comfortable shooting that is generally inherent with a polymer frame....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks revolerfan

·
Registered
536 Posts
The way I look at it, if it wasn't safe dor regular use, it wouldn't be allowed on the market. With today's legious society, I'm sure the Taurus would have made sure of that before putting it on the market.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a poly and I love it, the recoil is really not that bad and the frame stays nice and clean with no chance for rusting. Some do not care for the look of poly guns but I love them. The poly judge tho is actually a wee bit heavier than the UL model I believe and remember it's not all poly, it does have a metal underframe.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a poly and I love it, the recoil is really not that bad and the frame stays nice and clean with no chance for rusting. Some do not care for the look of poly guns but I love them. The poly judge tho is actually a wee bit heavier than the UL model I believe and remember it's not all poly, it does have a metal underframe.
I have the poly, it all in taste. It seems the more traditional crowd like the metal and other enjoy the poly or both. I have an 85 and 327 mag they are SS and blue I like both of those also. Can't beat SS though I really like the look.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
When it got below freezing here in N Carolina, it sure was nice not to have a freezing cold steel revolver to handle... My poly was quite a bit warmer....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the poly with stainless cylinder

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am looking for another pistol and seen the poly in 38 snubbie. Thats a good looking pistol and just might buy it to go with my M85 SS. Great looking gun. IMHO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm seriously considering getting a Public Defender Poly. I'm a little bit concerned at how the poly parts react to heat and powder burns after the gun has been shot several times. Will there be marked discoloration, I wonder? I like to keep my guns looking like new (as much as possible).

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm seriously considering getting a Public Defender Poly. I'm a little bit concerned at how the poly parts react to heat and powder burns after the gun has been shot several times. Will there be marked discoloration, I wonder? I like to keep my guns looking like new (as much as possible).
It's really no different than any other poly pistol, I've had no issues myself.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
As long as you don't plan on doing 100 round sessions of speed loaded "hot" buckshot, i think you should be fine.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It really is a matter of your individual taste.

Take a good close look at both; handle them, shoot a friend's Judge if possible (both types).

I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

Me...I just love my Ultralight with the 3 inch barrel.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Guess I am a little old school, got the 3" SS magnum. Have a shoulder holster that works perfectly. Hardly know it's there. Summer time will be an issue but I have great pocket pistol for then.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I LOVE mt poly 605.. Still getting her broken in, only 150 rds through her. But the gun cleans up fantastic, looks amazing, and is very comfortable. The poly frames arent compatible with the metal framed accessories though. The poly PD will have a different holster design than the regular PD. My Poly 605 wont work in any of the steel 605 holsters.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Went to lgs today to window shop and get price on judge pd for up coming gun show. Just wondering which is better I am wating to carry this as a ccw so poly is lighter but wonder about the frame because I am goin to shoot this gun on a regular basis . The price is 429on the poly 499 for stainless. Money not the deal breaker I want a revolver and have never owned one and dont want mess up with a bad purchase. Any input is appericated Thank you
Thanks for posting the question.

Taurus making a 605 in Poly and was wondering the pros/cons.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts