Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I been wanting another Taurus revolver, I really want a 4~6inch 22lr but I notice Taurus made a Judge in poly, now I am not a fan of poly for carry unless its a back up gun. The Taurus judges have a cool factor, but the poly judge REALLY has that cool factor. It just looks so well made and sexy for a 410 handgun. I know its a great woods guns also.

Pro's/Con's of the Poly over other Judge models? I really want to pick one up, so beautiful.

How fast can you shoot them, do you have to stop shooting after 25 rounds? I know its a revolver with 410 rounds!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, you said your not a fan of Poly so not sure if you would really like it. That being said, I find it extremely cool but then I'm a big fan of poly guns, I got mine when they were on sale at Buds but I think now they are back up to 390 (still a deal though).

As for advantages.....well it's not going to rust and sweat from carrying it isn't going to do anything to the frame. It's "light-er" although I still wouldn't call it light but I carry mine every day (although I'm a big boy so...). Again if your taking it camping the poly frame give it some resistance to corrosion/rust. As per the speed, I guess it's as fast or slow as any other Judge or revolver but I don't think anyone is looking at a Judge and thinking speed. Mostly they are thinking a huge mother of a blast coming out of the front of it and the Poly version delivers just as much as any other judge on this accord. Never heard anything about having to stop after shooting 25 rounds. However if you are using small birdshot the cylinder's will get dirty quick.

There are some other post here take a look at them but basically the poly PD is going to do whatever a normal PD does. As with all PD's however it comes with a very small grip but many here have found a slightly larger one you can get from Taurus.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not own a poly revolver yet, was looking at LCR's. But the Judge is just sticking out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't say how the non poly judges shoot, but the recoil isn't that bad on the Poly PD. I don't reload so I usually go through to many rounds at once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts