Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, if your using a holster for your Poly 605 in 357, can you please tell me who makes it and what model Taurus or other firearm it was originally intended for. If it's the holster was for a Judge, I need to know which model, what cylinder size, as well as the barrel size. I'm trying to avoid ordering the wrong one. The only place where I can buy a holster here locally is Academy Sporting Goods, but they don't offer some of the better makes. I can't walk in anywhere and just fit it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use a Tagua non thumb break paddle holster for the Judge 2 1/2 " barrel.
Not a perfect fit but meets the prerequisites for a good holster; it retains the gun well and covers the trigger while allowing easy, smooth removal of the handgun when needed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess every gun model faces a time when nobody makes grips or holsters for it. The poly seems to be at that point now. Hopefully it will go the way of the Judge, where you can't throw a stick without hitting somebody that makes a Judge accessory. Anyway Mr. Clinton, you seem to have it as good as it gets right now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK, for the many that viewed this thread and didn't reply because it was obvious and you didn't want to embarass me, thanks. I have since figured out how to chose a holster. I have owned and own a few guns. Most of the holsters that I have were given to me or came with the gun.

I was looking for a holster made specifically for the Poly 605 in 357. No. They don't make it yet, or I did not know of it at the time I was searching for this one. Having said that, my next consideration would be the type of frame. In this case a J frame revolver. Next considersation was the size of the barrel. In this case 2.5 inch. Next consideration was caliber, This Poly is the 357. There are many variables to consider after that. Do I want it to be a shoulder holster, cross draw holser, in belt holster, out of belt holster? I prefer a paddle holster. So I found a used one on ebay for $24 bucks. It was advertised as being a J frame S&W holster. It has "made in paraguay" stamed on it. I think it's a Tagua. The funny part is that I use to own a GP100. About 12 years ago I bought a holster for it, but I did not like the way the gun sat tilted with the grip forward on my belt, cause I've got some gut there. So I never wore it. After I bought this holster on ebay, I found that old holster in the very back of my garage. It's a Bianchi Black Widow for a 38/357 Ruger/S&W. The Black Widow fit is good, but I don't like a holster with belt loop, or for the gun to sit with the grip tilted forward. So, once again, I threw it into the back of the garage. I was very pleased with this one. It fits like a glove, a tight glove. The gun won't fall out and it's quick to pull. It was an adventure looking for it and learning a little bit more about holsters. I hope a fellow holster green horn or Poly 605 357 owner can benefit from my silliness. Good Luck!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread but I just bought the 605 polymer but mine is a 2" barrel ? When I am looking at these other make of holsters am I going for the 2" or the 2.5" ? I need a holster for this because it's going to be my carry gun .

By the way , gun itself is awesome ! 357 bullets are a little rough but the 38's were fun !

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Desantis makes holsters for the 605 poly. Also welcome to the fourum Sammi

·
Registered
239 Posts
How much larger(?) is the poly than the metal 605? (excuse my ignorance) I have a Galco Stow-N-Go IWB holster. All leather for about $27 new that fit my 2 605's perfectly. https://www.galcogunleather.com/ I might also suggest trying Nigh Noon holsters because they have a ton of products so one might fit: High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters I have one for my Glocks but I'm sure a J Frame holster is in there. Good people - ask 'em, they'll help you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts