Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Totally Unresolved

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to determine the frequency of issues with Taurus pistols.

·
32,790 Posts
Had my problem with a model 66 in SS that the back adjustable sight that popped off. Sent it back to Taurus and they without question or charge put a new one on. So breaking it in and going back to the factory are all correct actually. Nothing wrong with the gun. Was my newness and turning the screw adjustment one time to many that caused the problem. Yes, Cimmaron, this goes in the revolver section for me, but the pistols never have had a problem.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes, three that went back.

Model 96 I bought used that locked up

PT22 that the slide cracked on

PT99 that the firing pin broke on after 1500+ rounds

When the 96 and 99 came back there was no explanation of what was done. The 22 came back with a sternly worded letter saying not to shoot hyper velocity ammo in it. All came back in a timely manner and have been trouble free since.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a problem with my 617 .357Mag. In double-action, the cylinder will "catch" sometimes. Manually moving it will "un-catch" it but in single-action, no problems. I use it as one of my carry pieces and know to just pull the hammer back before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had numerous with my PT 145. I ened up taking it back to my dealer and trading it in for a smith/wesson M&P 40. My dealer gave me my money back since it was only a month old, and I have washed my hands of Taurus.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I sent mine back for a low and to the left problem. I think that I was an idiot though, the problem was still there when it came back from Taurus. Then I switched ammo and all was good.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
beagler said:
I had numerous with my PT 145. I ened up taking it back to my dealer and trading it in for a smith/wesson M&P 40. My dealer gave me my money back since it was only a month old, and I have washed my hands of Taurus.
Did you bother to send it back to Taurus to see what the problem was? You say you only had it for a month which leads me to believe you didn't give them a chance to fix it. I know it took mine 6 weeks to and from.

What kind of problems were you having with it anyways?

·
Registered
122 Posts
My .45 24/7 pro that I bought a year ago had soft mag springs. My dealer got Taurus to give him a couple and it shoots great now!

·
Administrator
18,470 Posts
Had to send my PT92 back when it's first Locking Block broke. Taurus had to cut the barrel out to get the gun apart. I was able to disassemble it the next time the locking block broke. I installed a Beretta Long Life Locking Block and a 15 lb Wolff Recoil Spring. I never gave up on it. It's been a great gun and has gotten a lot of hard use!

My PT945 was sent back when it's Firing Pin Broke. It's been fine ever since! It was my understanding that Taurus had some yield problems with MIM parts for a few years, when it was made. (1999)

No problems at all with my PT908, but it doesn't get out of the safe much. I really don't expect that there will be any problems, either.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My PT92 gave no problems from right out of the box to now (ten+ years later) and I think close to 10K rounds.

The 1st PT145 I bought gave me hell on JHP's and WWB, FTE on some and many double strikes needed on the WWB. I went back in to my dealer to ask him what I should do and he told me to go get it out of the car and he gave me another one. Told me to go run 200 through it and if it gave any issues, exchange or refund, my choice.

The 2nd one is great, two stovepipes when a friend shot it (cowboy action shooter) and after I told him to man up his grip he went through 100 no problem. I am now at about 1200 with no issues at all other than the two stovepipes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not me! I have the PT111 milPro and the PT140 MilPro both 2nd gen and no problems. My model 94, 9 shot 22lr's rear sight came apart while shooting at the range but Taurus sent me another one right away and no problems since.

·
Registered
625 Posts
No problems yet...

Todd

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 24/7 .40 and PT 145. Have never had any issue what so ever. Second Generation both.These guns are reliable. 500 rounds through both. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
propellerhead said:
I had a firing pin return spring break. Taurus fixed it.
I had the same issue with my PT145 after several hundred rounds through, but Taurus repaired it and sent it back with more new parts. I bought mine used. I also had a minor issue with the small firing pin block spring in my new PT-1911. The problem was minor, but getting the replacement parts from Taurus was a 3-4 week ordeal. I love the Taurus pistols I have, but the CS was lacking.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a PT 100 that jammed right out of the box,sent it back Taurus fixed it.I currently have a PT 99 that jams due to what I believe to be a bent guide rod.Gun shot great at first.Have a rod on order hope it fixes it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 24/7 Pro developed a cracked slide after 900 rounds. After three trips to Taurus, they finally replaced the gun. The new one is top notch after 400 rounds. My 617 had the cylinder replaced twice because of chipping and the action locked up three times. It is now on it's third trip back, and my dealer practically promised me he'd get them to replace the gun. Hopefully it'll be every bit as good as my replacement 24/7.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
PT111 Pro. I am on my 2nd one in just over a month.
#1 when we got it from the delivering dealer, I did not open til I got home. 100% guarantee, right!! Was cleaning it getting the gunk off prior to firing first round, and there was a huge rough chunky spot on the feed ramp.
Back to the seller and the delivering dealer, and it was replaced in 24 hours.
#2 I Love the gun. I put about 350 round thru it, then I noticed some difficulty loading the one mag, the rounds would pop out a lot before you could seat them. Compared it to a 3rd mag I bought and the original and it was too wide at the front end, due to a break in the back of the mag according to the dealer. Mag was replaced in 5 days, but that was due to Thanksgiving coming right after I turned it over to them to resolve. Oh and there is still a very small imperfection in the feed ramp of the #2 gun way off to the side away from the ejection area, if it give me a problem I will return it too.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
My PT 92 was shooting very low, about 8 inches at 30 feet. I figured that it needed breaking in. I put a laserlyte on it and zeroed that in. After about 300-400 more rounds, I noticed that the P.O.A./ P.O I. had changed.
Tuesday when I went to the range, I put rounds #505 - #617 through it. It now shoots to P.O.A. Hooray!!! Still only one F.T.F. (crappy range load), and no other problems.
I voted "Minor Breaking In".

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nothing, not a single thing. 300 plus rounds through the PT92 as of now. ;)

Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.