Taurus Firearm Forum banner

How do you get your equipment to and from

• Who needs a bag? I carry it all in my hands!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I carry it in a duffle type bag with a zipper on it

• I use one or more boxes to carry my stuff around in

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Actually, it takes two bags most of the time. One for guns and gear, and another one for ammo, targets, etc.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like to carry a range bag (mine happens to be a Dillon). It has enough room for a couple, or three, guns and accessories - ears, eyes, a few tools for correctable defects to keep me shooting. If I'm going to an out of town match I pack a couple - sometimes three - bags. Hate to have a match ruined by a repairable broken part. Usually one is full of ammo!

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Although I voted tote bag, I actually use an old lockable briefcase. There's room for both my revolver, and my PT92, a couple boxes of ammo, "eyes & ears", targets, markers,and a log book. Works for me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I carry my stuff in a Gander Mountain range bag. It can be a little cramped with more than one pistol and several boxes of ammo, but not too bad.

Todd

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I voted for the tote bag but for me its a range bag and backpack by the time I've got all the guns, ammo, and accessories (ears, targets, markers etc). Then there is any long guns that I may be bringing....

All this and I usually back up to the shooting area, but its on family property so I can.

But yes, a range bag of some sort makes it ever so much easier. And you don't waste valuable shooting time trying to find your ears or some other thing.

Steelheart

·
Registered
309 Posts
I use an old flight bag. Having to haul and set up a bunch of stuff is a turnoff to go shooting for me, especially for rifle shooting. I carry my guns, ammo and cleaning gear, along with tape and markers in the bag. I usually only take 1-2 guns at a time.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I forgot to add that once it gets hot out there I add a cooler with water, gatorade etc. Makes it so much more enjoyable.

The jeep gets kinda full for a half-way serious range trip!

Steelheart

·
Registered
8 Posts
A while back on another gun board somebody mentioned some Rubbermaid nylon tool bags that Wal-Mart was selling for $7.88. I've got four of them and need more. I use one for each gun. They have two zippered sections. I use one side for the gun, the other side for mags, loader, glasses, plugs etc. The bottom section will hold four boxes(50 rd) of ammo with room to spare, you might get 6 boxes of 9mm to fit.

This way I can keep the ammo with the gun, it helps to avoid mixups. Any trip to the range usually includes a 9mm, 40 S&W, 357SIG, 32acp, and now 45acp since I bought a PT 145.

Regards, OE

·
32,811 Posts
Use a Dillon medium range bag. Carries everything including tools, borelight, and even handwipes for those dirty moments. Know that a Ultradot has gone on the Ruger MKIII, one bag is for all the centerfire guns and one carries all the gear for bullseye shooting. Otherwise changing out all the different gear gets old and time consuming.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a range bag that I use to and from the range. It's big enough for three handguns, my eye and hearing protection, extra mags, a few rags, cleaning kit and some handy dandy tools just in case. I also have a fanny pack big enough to carry 300 rounds of ammo. I always keep the range bag and ammo separate just in case I get pulled over. Once i get to the range parking lot, I put the fanny pack with the ammo in the range bag. ;D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts