Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could possibly buy one of these for $240. Of course this would be a "just because I can" purchase. What do the wiser among ya'll think?

· Registered
548 Posts
I almost bought one of these a few years ago, when they were about $175, decided against it, and have been sorry ever since.

The only complaint I've heard is that they have a very heavy trigger pull. But other than that, they are solid and reliable.

· Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is listed with the dealer for $179. My buddy, who is the dealer, said fees would be around $40. So one vote for. Thanks.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
17,743 Posts

· Registered
1,513 Posts
I could possibly buy one of these for $240. Of course this would be a "just because I can" purchase. What do the wiser among ya'll think?
I looked at a P64 at an LGS. The DA trigger pull was something like 4000 pounds. I didn't buy it. Not sure how wise that decision was, but I got a used Bersa Thunder .380 for $250. A previous owner had already disabled the magazine disconnect. Honest!:) I like the Bersa.

Reactions: Texheim

· Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Electronic device

This is a 9x18.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

· Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked at a P64 at an LGS. The DA trigger pull was something like 4000 pounds. I didn't buy it. Not sure how wise that decision was, but I got a used Bersa Thunder .380 for $250. A previous owner had already disabled to magazine disconnect. Honest!:) I like the Bersa.
$1,000,000 dollars! That just sprang to mind.

· Registered
30,024 Posts
Prior to recent events they were going for a little under 2 bills so $240 isn't bad.

They are good looking reliable little guns that gives years of service.

The only negative that routinely surfaces about this model is their notoriously heavy double action trigger pulls.

But I have seen pulls just as heavy on $600-$800 Walther PPK's.

· Registered
1,996 Posts
I have one and think it's a great gun. I know of some people that are using it as their EDC gun.

As has been said it does have a horrible DA trigger. On the other hand the SA is great. I have read that you can get a better DA trigger by replacing the springs with one made by Wolff Springs.

Again, as been said this gun is very snappy; to say the least. It is not an all day shooter. I'm usually not too recoil sensitive. But, this gun gets to me pretty quickly. I can go about 4 or 5 mags full and then I'm done with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.