Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Foolish Man-Child....

"The 25-year-old suspect has no valid driver's licence and no insurance. He does have 27 driving-related convictions, including speeding and driving without insurance, said police spokesman Sgt. Dean Jantzen. The man has had his licence suspended five times and only had a learner's motorcycle licence, which was also suspended".

·
10,379 Posts
Wow, this article is just full of fail.

Saanich police have levied hefty fines against the owner of a motorcycle which was seen reaching 299 kilometres an hour on the Trans-Canada Highway in a viral YouTube video, but say they need more evidence before they can charge the suspected driver.
Wait, they can charge the owner of the vehicle, but, they need more evidence to charge the guy who was riding it? And I just love how they can charge her because she's responsible for the actions of the motorcycle even when she's not the rider.

Police say the registered owner is the mother of the suspected rider. Under the Motor Vehicle Act, police are able to issue the registered owner with tickets even if she was not driving the motorcycle.

"The Motor Vehicle Act has sections in it that require the owner to be responsible for the conduct of the vehicle and to be responsible for the person who operates the vehicle," Jantzen said.

On Wednesday, the mother was issued tickets totalling $1,449: a $368 ticket for driving without due care and attention, a $483 ticket for excessive speed and a $598 ticket for having no insurance.
oy vey

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I get it - she 'owns' the bike, as the idiot probably couldn't buy it with all his convictions, so she was complicit in the crime.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Well, I am a member of the "ton-up" club, but I have never done anything stupid like that! Plus the goof has video proof of him breaking the law!

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Wow, this article is just full of fail.

Wait, they can charge the owner of the vehicle, but, they need more evidence to charge the guy who was riding it? And I just love how they can charge her because she's responsible for the actions of the motorcycle even when she's not the rider.

oy vey
Yeah that part is kinda funny to me too Wolf....

He should have been driving in miles per hour instead of kilometers.... 299 mph is much more fun than 299 kph! :D

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
299 kmh is about 186 mph. That's moving along at a pretty good clip on a public highway. What a moron!

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Just one person changing lanes in that congested highway and that video would have shown how the universe should always react to gross stupidity.

·
10,379 Posts
Just one person changing lanes in that congested highway and that video would have shown how the universe should always react to gross stupidity.
LoL there's a reason we call those bikes "ZoomSplats". Physics is a bigger b!tch than Karma

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
811 Posts
Okay you all have to admit though, there is some skill involved there. And another example of enabling parents. What ever happened to booting their asses off the couch and into the world at 18? I mean the bike is in the mom's name, so she bought it, you think she got it for this 25 year old baby boy who lives in the same bedroom he did when he was 6?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
While as dangerously stupid as it was , I believe there was only one point that he actually hit 299km , watch the speedo , as the song says , the lines on the road just look like dots. I know they have a word for it in states that it's legal to ride between lanes , that was incredibly dangerous , one car changes lanes and it's all over.
I'm sure thats Mom's R1 she commutes to work on every day too.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Reminds me of the Guy in Europe that called himself The Ghost Rider. There was no doubt the guy could ride but they caught him too. Stupid !

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
They can't charge him due to not catching him in the act and the video not showing the rider. So they hit the mum with the fines in hope he will give himself up or she will give him up.

There is a good level of skill present but a certain lack of smarts shall we say. Good bike to do it with.

And here in the states it is legal in California to "whiteline" (pass between cars) on a bike but it is limited to about 5-10 mph faster than traffic with no speed violations permitted. And it is legal due to not being listed as illegal. This actually makes it legal in other states but not as tolerated. I have done it here in MO. And yes, it does indeed annoy some drivers but if they stopped and thought they might realize it relieves congestion a bit. Not the riders fault someone chooses to drive a big ol' SUV with only one person in it. Many valid reasons to do it in a sane manner. Sitting on a bike in stopped or super slow traffic can be a roasting experience and not good on the bike. In Cali I was stuck in traffic the day I had changed my oil going from Riverside to LA (a 45 min trip that took me 4 hours that day, four accidents seen). I did whiteline and still ended up overheating and needed to change my oil again that night. Thin as water.

Sarge

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
"The 25-year-old suspect has no valid driver's licence and no insurance. He does have 27 driving-related convictions, including speeding and driving without insurance, said police spokesman Sgt. Dean Jantzen. The man has had his licence suspended five times and only had a learner's motorcycle licence, which was also suspended".

And...the part of the article that was edited out before press time because it was politically-incorrect to say:

"The suspect, it has been determined, is as dumb as a sack of rocks."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts