Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The Police will take your guns and arrest you in Minneapolis even if you are committing no crime at the time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The people causing the problems are down town but just saw a vid of a line of "peace keepers" walking through what appeared to be a quiet neighborhood. They were yelling at people to get off their porches and go inside. When the one videoing didn't move fast enough they shot them with paintballs(?). Not a good look. People should obey lawful orders but don't go looking for trouble. That goes both ways.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Minnesota does allow open carry of handguns with a permit. It generally does NOT, however, allow open carry of rifles even if the individual is handgun permitted. Generally only because there are certain exclusionary provisions (see below). The person in the vid looked like he was carrying an AR which would be prohibited. More subjective would be the prohibited open carrying of a rifle in such an inflammatory situation. Methinks the better option would be to carry the permitted handgun (better to be concealed IMHO even if open carry is allowed) and keep the rifle just inside your doorway should the need to defend oneself with the rifle arise. That is, of course, should the handgun not dissuade any looters or you run out of ammunition. :)

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/open-carry-in-minnesota/

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
The people causing the problems are down town but just saw a vid of a line of "peace keepers" walking through what appeared to be a quiet neighborhood. They were yelling at people to get off their porches and go inside. When the one videoing didn't move fast enough they shot them with paintballs(?). Not a good look. People should obey lawful orders but don't go looking for trouble. That goes both ways.
If I was on my own porch observing people walking by and was instructed to go inside, I would not. I am, after all on my own porch. If I was then fired upon by the passersby and not knowing if it was a paintball gun or not, I would be forced to return fire with my legally permitted and previously concealed handgun. However, Minnesota does not have 'castle doctrine' nor a 'stand your ground provision' in their State statutes. It does have a 'duty to retreat' provision so one might be on shaky legal grounds here. (This was after all the State that voted for Al freaking Franken). However, I would rather face the ramifications of returning fire rather than the ramifications of making my wife choose which coffin in which to bury me.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Well, you can't open carry at sporting events, large social gatherings like parades or political events. Unless you're an idiot that would include protests and civil unrest. That said, my EDC gets upped by maximum magazines and the cased black rifle gets put in the vehicle just in case a mob gets close. And I stay as far as I can from a mob like this.
You didn't see Kool hand Luke? Some people you just can get through too. He wants it this way, he gets it.
Looks like some protesting on a highway bridge in MN got it their way after messing with a big rig. I think the truck driver remembers the LA riots. I'm with him, you've not getting me out of my truck. Didn't your daddy teach you not to play in traffic?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Looks like another bunch of idiots interfering with the police. Just another reason for more cops to resign. Who wants that stuff?
I took the time to listen to the posted link.
Sounds like the police have had their knee on a lot of necks up there cutting off blood to the brain.
You can fix stupid when the don't brevef anymore. its the same fix to stopping looting.
Cannon fodder has a shelf life and needs to be used.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
I took the time to listen to the posted link.
Sounds like the police have had their knee on a lot of necks up there cutting off blood to the brain.
You can fix stupid when the don't brevef anymore. its the same fix to stopping looting.
Cannon fodder has a shelf life and needs to be used.
Yeah, I listened too. Sounds like a bunch of idiots interfering with the cops.

I haven't heard of any cops cutting off blood to the brain up there. Has that happened? It sounds like lots of the voters have blood loss to the brain, though.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Cities are already having trouble finding people wanting to be cops. Events like the past week just make it harder still.

If they don't have police out patrolling they'll have no choice but to get the National Guard or the regular military out
doing day to day policing.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
If you return fire with the police, you may get both.
Yes. I posted what I posted before I saw the vid and before knowing it was the police that perpetrated act. A travesty and a lawsuit sure to happen.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Do you have a link to this video or the story? I would like to share it with some co-workers.

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
If I was on my own porch observing people walking by and was instructed to go inside, I would not. I am, after all on my own porch. If I was then fired upon by the passersby and not knowing if it was a paintball gun or not, I would be forced to return fire with my legally permitted and previously concealed handgun. However, Minnesota does not have 'castle doctrine' nor a 'stand your ground provision' in their State statutes. It does have a 'duty to retreat' provision so one might be on shaky legal grounds here. (This was after all the State that voted for Al freaking Franken). However, I would rather face the ramifications of returning fire rather than the ramifications of making my wife choose which coffin in which to bury me.
Here's what I found...."The state doesn't have a castle law per se, but it does recognize the principles of the doctrine because Minnesota law allows you to use deadly force, including shooting an intruder, to prevent a felony from occurring in your home..."

A lot of states have different laws on self defense with a gun, depending upon whether you are in your home, on your own property, or even in your car that do not apply to when you're out on the street or in a public place.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/states-that-have-stand-your-ground-laws.html

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Do you have a link to this video or the story? I would like to share it with some co-workers.
No link because it might contain profanity that violates forum guidelines. But go to You Tube and search for: Ceylon Tuskers

The video is 45 seconds long and was posted on May 31.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Regardless of whether it's happening or not, it might not be happening in the future, as the city council voted to eliminate the police department. Not because of any alleged confiscation of guns, but to put the money into "community improvements and social programs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts