Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
23,195 Posts
I'm guessing a lot of people would have sheeped out. Good for that man standing up for his rights.

The woman whose daughter overheard the conversation did well to say something, but the police should have responded more appropriately.

·
Super Moderator
37,975 Posts
It states that they did not have a warrant, yet the homeowner permitted them to search his son's room? They would not have gotten through my front door without a warrant.

·
Premium Member
13,609 Posts
This is the Peoples Republic of New Jersey, I'm surprised the "investigation" didn't take place at 3am with a no knock, no warrant seizure. These Communist states have voted away federal laws and the constitution and the worst part is they get away with it. Any state or local official that orders the violation of federal law should have a warrant issued by the Justice Department, arrested by federal agents and tried for their crimes.

·
Registered
345 Posts
NJ is one of the most gun unfreindlynsates in the Union. The police in many parts of the State seems to have adopted that mindset.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Just one more reason not to vote for any Democrat!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Adolf would have been proud of this PD.

·
Premium Member
13,609 Posts
For such a gun unfriendly state, I've been shot at twice, been the victim of armed robbery while working in a gas station at 18 and have had police point loaded guns at me twice to inquire what I was doing there while I was at work. That and the fact that under no circumstances would I ever be able to legally carry a weapon to protect myself led me to move out of the state 30 years ago.

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
I'm guessing a lot of people would have sheeped out. Good for that man standing up for his rights.

The woman whose daughter overheard the conversation did well to say something, but the police should have responded more appropriately.
He didn't stand up for his rights. He let the cops into his house. At that point if they had seen anything they could call suspicious, the owner, his wife, and his son would have been arrested and held while the house was turned upside down. The 13 year old would have entered the CPS system and it might have been months before the parents saw him again. The woman whose daughter overheard the conversation should have questioned the daughter more closely before acting like the East German Stasi. People like her are the reason NJ is the way it is.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
He didn't stand up for his rights. He let the cops into his house. At that point if they had seen anything they could call suspicious, the owner, his wife, and his son would have been arrested and held while the house was turned upside down. The 13 year old would have entered the CPS system and it might have been months before the parents saw him again. The woman whose daughter overheard the conversation should have questioned the daughter more closely before acting like the East German Stasi. People like her are the reason NJ is the way it is.
And as these officers had to know what the were asking was unconstitutional I would
not be surprised if one of them had dropped a small satchel of heroin or something on
the floor and then said, "Lookie HERE!". Then the citizens lives are over.

No warrant, you are NOT coming in.

When they are encouraged to use these stong-arm tactics, they will continue to use these
strong-arm tactics. Apparently they don't have to fear their command if they were ordered
out to do it by their command.

ETA: There are no links to any of the major news networks about this event. Even most of
the New Jersey press doesn't seem to want to touch it.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Welcome to the nanny state.

Actually, I'm glad the police are finally taking school violence seriously. I don't think it should have to be gun related before they act on such tips, the same kids could have peddling meth and no one seems to care. They could be bullying others and it's just "kids being kids".
Schools need to come down on all sides of violence in schools, not just what's the hot topic at the moment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts