Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like we have a liberal in texas and he doesn't care what the law is!!?!!???

Quote from story,,,,,
The conflict between law enforcement and armed military personnel in the community around Fort Hood, one of America’s largest military bases, has recently and repeatedly involved the issue of gun control — and the tension has been exacerbated in part by an Obama-supporting prosecutor described as a “bandleader” of anti-gun efforts in the heavily conservative community.

The conflict reached a fever pitch last month, when Texas police arrested an active-duty Army sergeant for “rudely displaying” a hunting rifle. The sergeant, C.J. Grisham, established an online legal defense fund after he was, in his words, “illegally arrested and disarmed” for carrying the firearm.

“While out hiking with my son through backcountry roads to help him earn his Eagle Scout rank, I was illegally arrested and disarmed without cause. I was thrown in jail and my lawfully owned weapons were confiscated without receipt or notice,” Grisham wrote on the website for the defense fund.

Read more: Police, 'anti-gun' prosecutor clash with soldiers in area around Fort Hood [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

Added.. Just sent contact to Gov Perry asking he investigate his liberal prosecutor in Texas... Contact info http://governor.state.tx.us/contact/

Reactions: tazelmo

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Sad event.I think of how the child must have felt.It reminds of an old but true saying,"You can beat the rap but you won't beat the ride".It will be interesting to see how this plays out.I hope cooler heads prevail.This could be a catalyst for something ugly if not careful.

·
Administrator
41,031 Posts
What exactly does "rudely displaying" a firearm mean?
I'd say, that arrest title was pulled out of someones behind, to put it politely. Look around and you'll find very little in Texas statutes regarding the carry of long arms loaded or unloaded, concealed or not. And we don't need a permit to own one or carry one.

Grisham may not have beat the ride, but that county won't beat the lawsuit.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It's time the conservatives took the prosecutor out of office.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Local authorities might want to be careful. There is a historical precedence of the Fort Hood Commander shutting down a neighboring town from all financial transactions by the soldiers of Fort Hood. I believe the town of Copperas Cove had a sign that read "Nxggxx don't be caught in town after dark" or words to that effect. The commander gave a general order that soldiers were not allowed to conduct any commerce in the town until the sign came down. Funny how money has an effect on people, the sign came down. I imagine harassment of soldiers could be quickly addressed in a similar fashion.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
We aren't immune from Obamas liberal fascists here.. Unfortunalty. I think the prosecutor will have his day experiencing what it's like to be a defendant.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I hate to see this happen in Texas or anywhere else.Our rights are being striped by the ones who are to protect us.. We are in a world of hurt.. I hope this man is sucessful in court... Keep us posted on the hearing.. Nazi pigs..

Reactions: FreedomCosts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I can give some input on this since it happened near Me, this was in Temple, Texas,.
The Guy in question was walking along a busy Highway with an AR15 locked and loaded slung across His chest, People panicked and called the Police.
In Texas it is illegal to display a firearm in a manner to cause alarm and this would alarm most People.
He claimed He was accompanying His Son on an Eagle scout project involving Nature Trails,
I think He was looking for a confrontation and He got one.
Right now We don't need People like this making us all look bad.

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
From the article:

“In this day and age people are alarmed when they see someone with what you have,” one of the officers told a handcuffed Grisham. “They don’t care what the law is.”

Really? Apparently neither did the arresting officer. How does on rudely display a weapon?

Reactions: Lil Beaver

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Sounds like a dirtbag cop fell thru the cracks..

1 - 20 of 62 Posts