Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a PT-22 PLYSS

Broke in with over 300 rounds of Federal Spitfire

Consistent issues:
Failure to Eject
Failure to Feed

The pistol, even after the 300 round mark would often times fail to eject a round from the chamber. Most often the ejecting

round would stovepipe but also frequently the spent casing would still be seated firmly in the chamber when the slide came

forward, but a few times it would try to feed a second round into the still filled chamber.

Just for reference, I am aware that some pistols may have issues with failing to feed or eject due to a limp wrist. I was a

marksmanship instructor in the Marine Corps as well as an expert myself, I am utilizing proper technique.

If it did manage to eject the previous round, just as often it would fail to feed another round into the chamber. Either the

slide would come forward on an empty chamber or the slide would get stuck stripping the round from the magazine. A few

times it did get the round out of the magazine, but failed to seat it into the chamber and the round went sideways and the

slide dented the casing coming forward on it. If I actually was able to fire several consecutive shots I was surprised. No

amount of oil or grease remedied these issues.

First shot seemed more likely to stick in the chamber than others, but other shots did as well. Seemed to be slightly more

reliable on the second half of the magazine.

Intermittent Issue:
Double fire
Firing upon sending the slide home

The pistol several times fired two shots at once.
Once even fired upon sending the slide forward. This occurred when the pistol failed to strip a round from the magazine and

when tapping the rear of the slide with my palm to assist it forward it went home and fired.

Another quirk:

I understand the pistol holds 8+1, but why is it that the magazine will allow the insertion of 9 rounds? I've done that and

the magazine wont seat in the pistol until you remove the extra round.

·
Banned
134 Posts
use a Dremel and polishing point on the feed ramp, the breech face, and (very judaciously and evenly, all around, true up the polishing point on the truing brick first), on the chamber walls. Carefully clean and lube the chamber and contact-friction points. repeat testing. Then if it's still not working, sell it to a gun shop that has a smith, and try another one. These guns have no extractors, and that makes them "iffy" for reliable extraction/ejection. Beretta's little guns, same thing. Be prepared to lose $100 on the retail price. Personally, i'd never buy such a little gun without first testfiring at least a mag full of ammo thru it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
use a Dremel and polishing point on the feed ramp, the breech face, and (very judaciously and evenly, all around, true up the polishing point on the truing brick first), on the chamber walls. Carefully clean and lube the chamber and contact-friction points. repeat testing. Then if it's still not working, sell it to a gun shop that has a smith, and try another one. These guns have no extractors, and that makes them "iffy" for reliable extraction/ejection. Beretta's little guns, same thing. Be prepared to lose $100 on the retail price. Personally, i'd never buy such a little gun without first testfiring at least a mag full of ammo thru it.
You think I should try that even though it's double firing? I could see doing that for some of the other issues, but not when it's double firing. I'm going to make Bersa pay to mail it back to them and have them fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You think I should try that even though it's double firing? I could see doing that for some of the other issues, but not when it's double firing. I'm going to make Bersa pay to mail it back to them and have them fix it.
Taurus* Wife's last gun was a Bersa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts