Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
I don't know about their holiday stuff but the walmarts around here only stock winter clothes during the summer months and summer clothes during winter months.

Reactions: darbo

Registered
It DOS kind of make one think they just stepped through some kind of nefarious time-warp, doesn't it ?

Super Moderator
No Halloween stuff on display until the day after Labor Day. No Thanksgiving decorations until after Halloween, and positively no Christmas displays until the day after Thanksgiving. (Notice that I didn't call it by it's infamous sale name?)

Registered
I'll agree with TrucksNCoffee on time frame for holidays.

On the same subject, a local retailer near me had their Halloween plastic jack o'lanterns out, with a CHRISTMAS TREE behind them on LABOR DAY weekend! Good grief, what happened to the proper time for the holiday?

I remember when September was all about the arrival of Fall, October was about Halloween, November was Thanksgiving, then December was Christmas. It has been decades, at least, since I have seen any Thanksgiving displays, and Halloween and Thanksgiving NOT being bypassed by Christmas.

Reactions: Kevin Keith

Registered
I don't take my holiday cues from retailers but it is irritating to see the out of season commercials on TV. Last year I remember starting seeing Christmas commercials in September! You know, the one with the red and green wrapped Hershey Kisses playing some holiday hand bell song. Very annoying.

Registered
I really dislike the Christmas season.
We saw Christmas crap in stores last month.
It lasts from August/Sept. to the January after Christmas sales.
Buy buy buy greed greed greed.
People are all in a hurry and tired and cranky.
It's no longer a holiday. It's an endurance contest led by by credit cards.

Reactions: darbo and Desperado

Super Moderator
I was in a local store last week and saw them clearing the shelves in one area, my guess was for Christmas stuff. Personally I don't ***** it should be out until the Friday after Thanksgiving. Definitely not out before Halloween.

Super Moderator
I don't take my holiday cues from retailers but it is irritating to see the out of season commercials on TV. Last year I remember starting seeing Christmas commercials in September! You know, the one with the red and green wrapped Hershey Kisses playing some holiday hand bell song. Very annoying.
:sarcasm: I am SO looking forward to seeing this year's TV commercial showing Santa Claus and his red and white Mercedes automobiles racing down the road to deliver goodies to all the good little boys and girls! :icon_rolleyes:

Registered
Usually, by the time Christmas finally gets here I am absolutely so sick of Christmas music being played in stores that it has the opposite effect on me (and probably many others) than what the stores intend. Instead of putting me into the holiday mood to buy presents, it has the effect of making me want to get out of their store asap. I used to enjoy Christmas music before it became a 2-3 month ordeal. Thank God Amazon doesn't play Christmas music on their website. LOL

Registered
Several places here already has Christmas out on display . Hobby Lobby has since August and stuff marked 40% off already !

Registered
There is only one redeeming feature about the stuff coming out so early.
The oversize bags of candy, specifically Reese's peanut butter cups in high count bags, 60 count and larger.
That makes the cost per piece cheaper. They are my second most favorite type of candy. Cadbury mini eggs being my all time favorite.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts