Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few months ago I posted about my niece Brianna in Georgia http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/lounge/123906-prayers-my-niece.html.

Well tomorrow they will be doing the transplant her Mom Tricia who is also my neice will be the donor. Please pray for the both of them.

Thought I would add to the opening post, so you don't have to go looking for updates. They are both out of surgery and doing well. The Kidney is functional.

Update 12/23
Just got a call from my wife that Tricia, the mom and donor, started having seizures this morning and had to be taken back to the hospital.

Update 12/25
We made it to Georgia about 2 am this morning. Just got to the hospital. She's sleeping right now but we'll get to see her later. They're planning to take her off the ventilation system some time today.

Update 12/30
Sorry I haven't updated y'all on this in a few days, but it's been a roller coaster since Christmas. When they tried to take the vent tube out on Christmas she struggled with the doctors and nurses and it got left in. Since then she's been up and down and was completely unresponsive yesterday morning. Today they got her breathing on her own and were able to get the tube out. She's already asking to go home. She'll probably be there at least another few days to make sure there are no relapses.

Update 1/3
She was moved out of ICU and into a private room yesterday and getting better everyday. A little memory loss, but it is coming back.

Thanks again for your continued thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Will be praying for them.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I will pray for them and hope all goes well. That's a noble sacrifice to make when you go through
the pain and trouble to give up part of your body to save another person.

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
Prayers that all works out well and that both convalesce quickly to full and complete health.

·
22,301 Posts
May God grant them both strenght, and the medical staff skill and wisdom.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
​Tons of prayers to everyone.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,941 Posts
Praying for the ladies and their health care professionals

Reactions: CB236 and btleslie

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My heartfelt prayers are with them both during this time, and for you and the extended family, as well.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Prayers sent.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Let me add my prayers for a successful, and uncomplicated time for you and yours, as well.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Given her age, it is likely that she is at one of the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta facilities. You couldn't ask for a finer group of professionals. They specialize in Children Only medical treatment and are a true blessing to the Atlanta metro area. She is in good hands.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Your in our thoughts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Given her age, it is likely that she is at one of the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta facilities. You couldn't ask for a finer group of professionals. They specialize in Children Only medical treatment and are a true blessing to the Atlanta metro area. She is in good hands.
Yes they are. Brianna is at Egleston and Tricia is across the road at Emory.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Prayers definitely on the way. Please keep us posted when you can.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Praying everything goes well.

·
10,379 Posts
Best wishes for everyone involved

1 - 20 of 61 Posts