Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now... I'm trying to move ahead as I am still waiting for my surgery date on my wrist / hand, which I think will be in January. Now, I caught some really bad Intestinal bug.. wow I've haven't been this sick in many years. I even got my flu shot like a month back. I was out once in work, and then I tried going back.. and suffered thru the whole day.. that was mistake. I took today off. I got gatorade as I don't want to get dehydrated, and not drinking coffee.. WOW.. that's another issue, caffeine withdrawals.

I really don't want to get to the point of being hospitalized, I really appreciate your prayers.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Hope you get to feeling better real quick. Those little bugs can stop you in your tracks and then linger along at a snails pace.

The wife and I will usually bring our dining out to a halt beginning the first of Dec thru March/May just to avert limited secondary contact with the unknown.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Well now... I'm trying to move ahead as I am still waiting for my surgery date on my wrist / hand, which I think will be in January. Now, I caught some really bad Intestinal bug.. wow I've haven't been this sick in many years. I even got my flu shot like a month back. I was out once in work, and then I tried going back.. and suffered thru the whole day.. that was mistake. I took today off. I got gatorade as I don't want to get dehydrated, and not drinking coffee.. WOW.. that's another issue, caffeine withdrawals.

I really don't want to get to the point of being hospitalized, I really appreciate your prayers.
Ask and ye shall receive. You've got it, Tom!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Get well soon. Hoping the intestinal bug is one of the 48 hr. ones. Those norovirus bugs can be horrific and long lasting. Stay hydrated.

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts
Sounds like maybe a Norovirus and can really knock you down. Stay hydrated...a lot...and prayers that it passes soon. Prayers also for a successful procedure on the hand.

Reactions: HappyTom

·
Registered
901 Posts
Have prayed for your health and well being Happy Tom.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Prayers Sent!!!!!

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
My heart goes out to ya Tom. I've been fighting some bug since last Friday with me having to put on a new roof Friday Saturday and Sanday. Stay as hydrated as you can and rest or sleep as often as possible. If you're hungry eat, if you're not hungry still eat. I've been using the Alka seltzer Cold and Flu and it helps me sleep at night.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you're having caffeine withdrawals, I suggest a Rockstar recovery or Monster rehab. They have a lot of caffeine, are low on sugar and have quite a bit of electrolytes for hydration. I usually have one the morning after I have a few with the guys. The low sugar content keeps the crash at bay and the electrolytes help with rehydrating.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
"Ask in faith, nothing wavering . . . ."

And our prayers join with yours and many others for your well-being, Tom.

Also, what's with the paddy? You fall off your skateboard again? Or too much Taurus recoil?

Flash

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Prayers definitely on the way. Hang in there!

·
21,962 Posts
Lemon/honey tea, tons of vitamin C, and Jaegermeister. Does a body good.

God bless you!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Ask in faith, nothing wavering . . . ."

And our prayers join with yours and many others for your well-being, Tom.

Also, what's with the paddy? You fall off your skateboard again? Or too much Taurus recoil?
Thanks.. paddy meaning hand? :) I completely tore one of the ligaments in my wrist... that will be getting repaired at some point upcoming. Have not gotten a surgery date yet from the doctor. I can still shoot off-hand, and maybe two handed with my PT-22. Maybe also my shotgun with lighter slugs and also that's more body stance and recoil into the shoulder.

Flash
Thanks.. paddy meaning hand? :) I completely tore one of the ligaments in my wrist... that will be getting repaired at some point upcoming. Have not gotten a surgery date yet from the doctor. I can still shoot off-hand, and maybe two handed with my PT-22. Maybe also my shotgun with lighter slugs and also that's more body stance and recoil into the shoulder.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lemon/honey tea, tons of vitamin C, and Jaegermeister. Does a body good.

God bless you!
Thanks, I appreciate that. Back in the "day" An Irish bartender used to make me Jaegermeister, coconut rum and pineapple juice in a glass. "Surfer on Acid" you can get it in a shot or glass.. back in those days.. used to get the pint glass. The more Jaegermeister the more strong / sour it is, and then you can make it more sweeter with more coconut rum.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank You everyone for your prayers.. I really appreciate that! Must be working also, as my intestines are pretty... uh.. "rock solid" at the moment... hopefully that is a good thing. I'm still drink water and electrolyte drinks regardless... got to keep hydrated.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
A co-worker and her family battled some kind of intestinal bug over Thanksgiving. Seems like it was pretty nasty. I hope you to feeling better quick!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts