Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking fleas would be cheaper! Got my Polymer Defender today! Looks and feels great w/ the ribber grips. Real dirty thru and thru, even tho it's new, and I haven't even opened it up to clean the inside! No pics because it looks like all the other polymer judges here. Gonna try her out this weekend, so I'll find out then if my wrists can handle it. I hope so...

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
No pics because it looks like all the other polymer judges here.
This is a totally incorrect statement, This Judge is special, a one off no other like it Judge..........This is your Judge, and that makes is Special. You should at least share a photo with us, so that we can share in your excitement!!.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
I used to take poor quality, bad looking photos....then someone pointed out to me....not to use a mirror as a back drop. Turns out the bad part of my photos was my reflection in the mirror.
No such thing as a poor photographer in todays digital world a cameras.....just alot of "Do Overs" Heck, digital is almost as easy as my old Brownie camera.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
We need a range report.:D:D

·
10,379 Posts

·
Registered
29,773 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition of the Judge Poly PD!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think you're going to really like shooting it a lot, one suggestion though. I highly, highly recommend getting the larger size ribber grip from Taurus. It's 20 bucks but worth every penny, you get a nice full hold which really allows the ribber material to help out. With the stock grip I just didn't feel like I got a great (good but not great) hold on the weapon.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I read about those grips on another thread. What about Crimson Trace Grips? Even tho the grips are m85 size, the CTC grips won't fit on the poly Judge... I just tried. Oh well... Will try to go out on Sunday to shoot...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah, I tried some Hogue 85 grips on mine and those didn't fit either. Not sure about the CT grips but they are kind of a lot to spend if they don't fit.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Super Moderator
36,412 Posts
Congrats on the "master blaster". Let us know how it goes at the range!

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Crimson Trace sent an email back and they don't carry anything for the polymer judge...

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, it's 39 degrees outside and a really beautiful day here in NC, but my arthritic hands don't like shooting outside in that temp, so I'm going to wait til Tuesday to shoot indoors. I can't wait for the Judge to show her true colors!!!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
my last itch ended up costing me $1,400. $600 for the Saiga 12 gauge and 800 for all the goodies . wife put a cot in the garage for me
I hope she set a nice electric space heater out there for ya'. It's got to be cold out there in the dead of January!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts