Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my g2c months ago at a great price. Really like the way it shoots. As I was practicing with new ammo, that I was planning to use as my carry setup, I noted that my groups were low. As I made adjustments, I notice that the sight would not stay in place. I could make the smallest adjustment and the sight would drop. A lot of reviews stated that the sights were not the greatest, and I was okay with that since I got the gun at good price and didn't mind on upgrading. So, I bought new sights (which did not have elevation adjustment) and still was shooting low. So as one can tell, I am not going to carry a gun in which I don't have confidence with the sighting. I have searched and searched and can not seem to find sights that are adjustable. Can anyone help? Like I said, I really like the size and shootability of this gun.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well, I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable and experienced than me will be right along to post up with some insight on how to address the difficulties you are encountering.

Otherwise, welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania!

·
Super Moderator
36,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois!

How low is low...an inch...two? and at what distance?

Are your rounds grouping or scattered and have you shot it from a rest?

IIRC my PT 111 G2 shoots to POA at a centered hold...that it with the front sight covering the intended target. I have put a fiber optic front sight on mine, which sights have you installed? If Lakeline, give Al a note and ask him about your experience.

·
Administrator
40,095 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 1 MILLION 971 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
24,756 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
21,612 Posts
Try Y-tube Taurus G2C sight adjustment.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Greetings.jpg

Don't know your background, but just throwing it out here -- is it possible the low hits aren't because of the sights?

Anyway -- Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome, from the Rust Belt USA....

Note; different ammo will change the point of impact of the bullet. try a couple of different brands and bullet weights until the point of impact is satisfactory for you.

·
Super Moderator
40,583 Posts
to the forum from the Florida Keys!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Hello from KY.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts