Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this question has been asked, but I have searched the forum with every combination of words I can think of and cannot find it for the 24/7. What are the distinguishing characteristics of each generation? I looked online and even entered my serial number into Taurus' website. It gave me a lot of information, but not this.

Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
Let's start with what year was it manufactured? Can you post a photo of it for viewing?

And WELCOME aboard the greatest forum of any kind around!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the serial number (NAUXXXXX) it was manufactured in 2007. It says "24/7 Pro" on at least one side of the slide (sorry, I am at work right now and do not have it with me). It also has the Heinie Straight 8 sights, if that helps. I do not have a picture of it with me.

Its nice going to a site where other people like Taurus firearms. I love my 24/7.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Yours might be the earlier version of the 24/7 Pro series without the decocker safety. The later revision 24/7 Pro DS and Pro C DS series have the decocker safety to decock the pistol for the first round in DA. The 24/7 Pro DS should have the label 24/7 Pro DS stamped on the right side of the slide.

Edit to Add: The 24/7 Pro DS pistols have 3 dot sights.

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
I am sure this question has been asked, but I have searched the forum with every combination of words I can think of and cannot find it for the 24/7. What are the distinguishing characteristics of each generation? I looked online and even entered my serial number into Taurus' website. It gave me a lot of information, but not this.

Thank you for the help.
Basically this!
24/7 Double action only.
24/7 pro- single action/ double action
24/7 Po D/S- single action/ double action with a de-cocker.
24/7 Gen 2-- Double action/ single action.
Note: there are variation on these themes such as the 24/7 D/S OSS , 24/7 C , 24/7 C D/S, 24/7 CA,24/7 Ti etc, etc.

Reactions: Taurus10
1 - 6 of 6 Posts