Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has one. I have held it.. But he wants too much for it... Ie it is not for sale. Please sell me yours!!! I must have one! I sold my colt .357 and i need another!!!! I am willing to do cash or trades!!!!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Showing my ignorance here(and have a feeling some others are in the same boat), but what is a Cyclops firearm? In fact, how about a picture?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

sorry. The rossi cyclops in all its glory..... Or the m988. No longer made and rare as hens teeth.....I fall asleep thinking about it...

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

sorry. The rossi cyclops in all its glory..... Or the m988. No longer made and rare as hens teeth.....I fall asleep thinking about it...
I would too. I've never seen one before but that's one awesome looking gun.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Help me.....i am obsessed.....i need this gun.

I am looking for a Rossi Cyclops. My friend has one. But i cant find current price data on it. They sold new for $400 and up to about three years ago they went for $550. Then nothing. He wants like $1100 for it and has turned down $900. I was thinking of paying as much as $770 for it. Cuz that is what he has in it. Am i stupid? Crazy? I can find a mint python any day of the week. But no m988 cyclops. Is this just going to get harder to find? What say you all????

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have any of you lusted after a gun like this?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I think that you answered your own question sir "...but no m988 cyclops. Is this just going to get harder to find?" - erm, yes?!?! Sometimes ya gotta pay!~

Yeah, I'm droolin!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Thats an heck of a lot of money. Like everything else that isn't made anymore it will get harder to find. So if you have to have one, make him your best offer and leave it at that. You may stumble across another aomeday, but you never know.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
I don't think the question is what you should pay for it or what the seller is asking for it, the question is what will you able to sell it for should you ever decide to part with it?

I found this year old listing for a used Cyclops and the price was $450 with a scope. Few things could be more demoralizng than selling a gun for 3, 4, 5 or 6 hundred bucks less than you paid for it. I'm not speaking from experience, because I've never really done a deal like that. Worst thing I ever did was give about $30-40 too much for an old H&R revolver I have.

I still feel bad about that. Good luck, and don't do anything you'll hate yourself for.

ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: Rossi Cyclops .357

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
La Biblia desay..."In your patience, possess ye your souls."

It took me 3 years to find a .38 spl. S&W Airweight M-12 at a decent price.

I've been waiting "over" 3 years for a 9 mm "Charter Arms Rimless Revolver"; they are being produced in limited quantities, but still have not trickled down to my neck of the woods.

However, I am confident I will have one. :icon_ rasta:

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Patience. Just set up a gunbroker alert for "Rossi 988", Three have sold this year (just three months) for $400-$600 each. The $400 one was a bit rough.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think the question is what you should pay for it or what the seller is asking for it, the question is what will you able to sell it for should you ever decide to part with it?

I found this year old listing for a used Cyclops and the price was $450 with a scope. Few things could be more demoralizng than selling a gun for 3, 4, 5 or 6 hundred bucks less than you paid for it. I'm not speaking from experience, because I've never really done a deal like that. Worst thing I ever did was give about $30-40 too much for an old H&R revolver I have.

I still feel bad about that. Good luck, and don't do anything you'll hate yourself for.

ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: Rossi Cyclops .357
Thanks for the link. But none of those are a cyclops. If i juat wanted any old .357 those would be great. But i like the slab sided barrel look and would even settle on a dan wesson but i cant locate one of those either.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Patience. Just set up a gunbroker alert for "Rossi 988", Three have sold this year (just three months) for $400-$600 each. The $400 one was a bit rough.
Could you send me a screenshot of that info? If that is what they go for i will show it to the owner.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Thanks for the link. But none of those are a cyclops. If i juat wanted any old .357 those would be great. But i like the slab sided barrel look and would even settle on a dan wesson but i cant locate one of those either.
Well right now I'm toying with a trade for my Dan Wesson, but if it doesn't go I'm thinking of an EWK barrel assembly... you could buy any old Dan Wesson 15 and slap one of these bad boys on it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Could you send me a screenshot of that info? If that is what they go for i will show it to the owner.
Can't on this box. Go to gunbroker. At top right "Advanced Search". On the search page, click the tab at the top of the form that says "Completed Items". Enter "Rossi Cyclops" and hit the button.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well right now I'm toying with a trade for my Dan Wesson, but if it doesn't go I'm thinking of an EWK barrel assembly... you could buy any old Dan Wesson 15 and slap one of these bad boys on it.
I would love one of those as well... I like the slab side revolvers.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts