Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was cleaning my brand new taurus 608 last night and found an extra part when i was all done. i only removed the grip and the side plate, 4 screws total. can any of the internal parts fall out once the grip and side plate are removed? i have attached a picture of the part in question. it is a knurled pin. my instincts tell me it does not belong in the revolver because it is knurled. why would something inside the revolver be knurled? but i had a clean table when i started cleaning the revolver, so this part had to come from somewhere? after reassembly, the revolver works functions normally(to my limited knowledge). Please help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
29,905 Posts
That's the problem with tinkering with autos or guns, do it long enough and you'll end up with left over parts.

Doesn't look like any part of the revolver's inerds to me.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Looks like it might be a pin to keep the grip in one location? That is the only thing that pops for me.
Does look like a grip locator pin. OP - If so it should fit in a hole towards the but, and engage a corresponding hole on the inside of the grip. The knurl was supposed to hold it in the frame.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys! took the grips off and put the pin where its supposed to go! i really appreciate the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts