Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a taurus pt111 i had it cleaned and oiled then went into range shot 10 rounds then all it did was- click click click i ejected that round put in another and it fired so i thought it was just a bad round after 3 more rounds then -click again i ejected it and then it started to get scary the next one shot 2 rounds ate same time bangbang shot the ceiling, cleared it and it did it again wtf please help. i have been on hold with taurus for 1.5 hours...

·
Registered
35 Posts
i just bought a taurus pt111 i had it cleaned and oiled then went into range shot 10 rounds then all it did was- click click click i ejected that round put in another and it fired so i thought it was just a bad round after 3 more rounds then -click again i ejected it and then it started to get scary the next one shot 2 rounds ate same time bangbang shot the ceiling, cleared it and it did it again wtf please help. i have been on hold with taurus for 1.5 hours...
Did you take out the firing pin when cleaning? Maybe the firing pin and channel are dirty preventing the firing pin to come out all the way.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Did you clean it real well? I'm not asking to pick on you or anything. But did you "degrease" it really well? Such as degreasing the firing pin channel? The packing "gunk" Taurus uses is very hard to clean off sometimes. If you haven't, try doing a hardcore degrease, re-lube, work the mechanics, hardcore degrease, re-lube, work the mechanics, use some snap caps to work the trigger and firing pin. You really just can't over clean a new Taurus.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

+1 on cleaning the firing pin channel really good. There is a thread on detail stripping these in either the Milpro or 24/7 forums that will show you how to remove it and really clean down the channel.

Another question is what kind of ammo are you using. I got some TulAmmo that I would get duds in a lot.

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
i have cleaned it and i use brand new federal... what about the double fires?
ne

Welcome to TA from Minnesota. You might have some gunk in the fireing pin channel and that can cause a double tap.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
i have cleaned it and i use brand new federal... what about the double fires?
If the firing pin were to get stuck forward, due to packing grease of other debris, it could cause the double fire. If you are comfortable that you have cleaned the entire gun sufficiently then the gun needs to go back to Taurus...immediately! Call customer service and explain the situation to them and they will send you a shipping label to return it to them. I don't think you mentioned it, you did buy the gun new? I get the impression you did. Taurus will make the gun right, just work with them.

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

I'll take the other side of the coin since it is going BANG.

Try different ammo, maybe you got a bad lot of ammo with hard or defective primers

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is the firing pin striking the primer? If you do not see a visable dent, paint a thin coat of whiteout on the primer and try it. The whiteout will crack very easy, and let you know if the pin is making contact at all. That can get you started.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would be less concerned with the FTF than the double fire, although they could be two symptoms of the same problem. If you are sure you took it as far down as you are comfortable going, I would call Taurus and send it back to them for inspection/repair.

Reactions: jwc007 and darbo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sent it back to taurus they said they had to replace the striker and i just got it ba

sent it back to taurus they said they had to replace the striker and i just got it back ill let yall know how it does

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Good luck, Plumber.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts