Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messing around at the LGS and while there I laid back a Glock 42. Even after I told the clerk that I did not much care for Glocks. I'm weak I tell you, weak.

On a positive note I also laid back a NIB Ruger 10/22 Charger. They were discontinued in 2013 I think. Should be a lot of fun shooting steel and plinking.

Guessing I should have these out sometime in Early February.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Say it ain't true! Not the "G" gun!:bang::bang: I would like to have the 10/22 charger in my safe. Have fun when you get them out of lockup and remember range report and pictures are required.:D

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
Congrats, you should like the 42. The sights, for such a small gun, are really nice. My friend had to send his back, it started jamming on different types of ammo, and Glock sent it back to him in a couple of weeks, fixed apparently. Good news is, there are a plethora of holsters and accessories for it, so you'll enjoy that. ;)

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Congrats are in order. Glocks seem to be popping up a lot lately around here.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Buying a .... cough cough .... a Gag...ahem ...Glock is definantly better than not buying anything.

·
Registered
36,297 Posts
Messing around at the LGS and while there I laid back a Glock 42. Even after I told the clerk that I did not much care for Glocks. I'm weak I tell you, weak.

On a positive note I also laid back a NIB Ruger 10/22 Charger. They were discontinued in 2013 I think. Should be a lot of fun shooting steel and plinking.

Guessing I should have these out sometime in Early February.
SO a Ruger charger huh??
well tell us about the Ruger if you will!!
Couldn't read the rest of your post, appears to be some type of static in the rest of it!!

·
Registered
36,297 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
My resistance is strong, it will never happen!:D:D:D

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SO a Ruger charger huh??
well tell us about the Ruger if you will!!
Couldn't read the rest of your post, appears to be some type of static in the rest of it!!
I thought all Chargers had a gray laminate stock, this one is blond or maybe cinnamon. One of the shop employees was keeping it because they had been discontinued. It was in the mount where they bore sight scopes. I asked if it was somebody's gun, he said it could be mine if I wanted it. NIB still had the hang tags. I have 89 days (hopefully less) to figure out what sighting system to put on it!

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As to the glock? I have only shot one and did not like it. The trigger was mushy, and it just did not feel good in the and. Don't know what model it was but it was chambered in 357 Sig. The 42 felt good in the hand and the trigger was a little heavy but not mushy at all. Now I'm going to have two guns with plastic magazines, a Sig and a Glock!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The Glock 42 is one of the better pocket rockets in my experience. It's surprisingly accurate for its size and easy to conceal. I'd really like to see Glock put removable grips on their guns so a shooter could switch to a nice walnut or ivory look. FYI, just out of curiosity, I stuck my G42 into a Fobus (C-21B) paddle holster made for 1911s and it fit almost perfectly.
IMG_2367.JPG

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
A Glock, eh? :icon_ ban: Mmm, where's that hammer.....;D

Let us know how the Charger shoots. I don't know, my 10/22 shoots 1.5" at 50 yards. Its sibling, my Ruger Mark II pistol, shoots 1" groups. Be interesting to know what sort of groups the charger can produce since it's based on the 10/22 rifle.

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
The Glock 42 is one of the better pocket rockets in my experience. It's surprisingly accurate for its size and easy to conceal. I'd really like to see Glock put removable grips on their guns so a shooter could switch to a nice walnut or ivory look. FYI, just out of curiosity, I stuck my G42 into a Fobus (C-21B) paddle holster made for 1911s and it fit almost perfectly.
View attachment 103451
It's not covering that bang switch well enough for ME to trust it.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Super Moderator
21,527 Posts
I owned a Glock 19 once..... well thats all I got to say about that......... :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts