Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Playing with my new GX4

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Ralph_Kirk 
#1 ·
It was Christmas in June.

Got a new GX4, new Truglo fiber optic sights, Lakeline ported barrel, and CYA Kydex IWB holster in carbon fiber.

I also got a Lakeline ported barrel, a Galloway Precision red dot mount, and an ADE Spike red dot sight for my EDC G2. It already had a Keep Tinkering trigger and Lakeline stainless steel recoil spring assembly.

So I got everything installed and set up...tomorrow, the range.

#3 ·
Shucks, it's just like my G2 pistols. It shot bullets. Didn't do any fancy tricks, it just kept shooting bullets every time I pulled the trigger.

I do like the larger backstrap, though. It points much more naturally in my hand. I think between the ported barrel and the backstrap, it's no more to handle than the G2 pistols.

#4 ·
I've been watching the YouTube videos on the GX4, and this common point mentioned gets to me:

Everyone complains about not getting three fingers on the grip.

Why does someone complain about not getting three fingers on the grip of a micro-compact gun? That's like buying a subcompact car and complaining that you can't get six people into it.

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred."

#5 ·
I'm intrigued with the GX4, but have yet to handle one.

#9 ·
I was intrigued as well, but I thought I already have a couple of P365s, a Hellcat and my old Glock 43. I really don't have a need. Well, what does "need" ever have to do with anything? The more I looked, the more interested I became, so when they came available, I snatched one up. I was pretty impressed. When the T.O.R.O. version came available, I grabbed one of those as well. I don't carry either one and don't even have holsters for either, but I certainly would if I needed to.

#8 ·
Air gun Military camouflage Trigger Sleeve Gun barrel

#10 ·
I'm not sure why the complaining about three fingers either. When I hold it at least the end of my pinkie can get onto the grip. Feels fine to me. I changed out the back strap after my last range trip so I have to see how that works with making the pistol fill the hand a bit better. Thankfully I have a boringly reliable version of the gx4 as well.

I did carry my gx4 to church one day but the extra 11rd mag has very sharp corners and annoying poked me a LOT while in a mag holder. I need to get a 13rd mag to see if it fixes the poking.

#11 ·
On the range, getting accustomed to my new GX4 with Lakeline ported barrel and ADE Spike red dot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.