·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a noticeable difference in felt and real recoil (muzzle flip), with no change to the excellent accuracy that the PT1911 already has. I made several of these Comps many years ago for a couple of 1911's I had rebuilt and dug one of them out after I bought my PT1911. Comps or porting always make some kind of change to a pistol providing the comp is made with proper tolerances or porting is of quality. Many add-on comps are not made well and cause function or accuracy trouble, but since I made it, I knew it was made well.

I don't plan on using this all the time, but it turns heads at the range and it does make a small difference in reacquiring targets in between shots.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cool. .I was thinking of getting one for my range deeemed 1911, but read soem bad reviews about the aftermarket add-on ported bushings, etc..

I was thinking of getting a new 6" barrel that was already ported in one piece.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With alot of parts being made on CNC machines, I think the quality of some has greatly improved. One important thing when you install an add-on comp is to make sure it does NOT rub or bind on the barrel when working the slide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts