I own a PT111G2 with the black finish frame and slide. I've shot it enough that I trust it and I carry it when I'm not pocket carrying. It is also a nightstand gun when not in "carry mode". I have an Olight Valkyrie 2 light for it that I use when it's on nightstand duty. I'm on the lookout for a holster that will play nice with the Olight but for right now the light comes off for carry. I really enjoy this little pistol, so much so that I want to customize it a bit. My plan is the pick up some new sights, an extended magazine or 2, and some spacers for the mags. That said I have some questions I hope you all can help with.
- What are your experiences with the Lakeline sights and the Truglo sights? Since I have a weapon light and carry a flashlight in my EDC I don't really want tritium sights due to their cost. That said there are a number options: Fiber Optic front and rear, FO front and u-channel rear, tritium front and rear, and plain metal replacement sights.
- Is there a specific brand/maker of the extended magazine sleeves that you all recommend? I've read some here have modified grip sleeves meant for other pistols and there are a few ebay sellers of grip sleeves. Are any better/worse than others?
- Mec-gar Sig P226 18 round magazines seem like the least expensive reliable option for extended mags. Is this the case or am I missing another compatible make/model of magazines that are cheaper or easier to find?
- How much does the extended magazine+sleeve change the feel of the pistol? Is it easier to shoot, less felt recoil or flip, hurt reliability, etc?
- Is it nuts to put this much money into one of these guns? I got my pistol for $200 before tax, the upgrades will run me about $80 (~$25 magazine, ~$10 mag sleeve, ~$45 FO sights).