Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a spacer or pinky extension for 1911 magazines besides X-Grip? Trying to adapt an 8 round magazine for use in officers frame. Been out of the 1911 game for a while. Did a search on google and nada. For a design that has been around forever one would think there would be options.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I don't know of any, but I only buy government-size 1911s and I only buy 7-8 round magazines, so it would be easy for something like that to get passed me.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Does anyone make a spacer or pinky extension for 1911 magazines besides X-Grip? Trying to adapt an 8 round magazine for use in officers frame. Been out of the 1911 game for a while. Did a search on google and nada. For a design that has been around forever one would think there would be options.

Sent from my OnePlus Nord N10 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
Can't help!
all the guys at MY Gun Club "Vine City B Us" uses extended clips but they like to see them hanging out the bottom of the gun, have you considered this look?

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't help!
all the guys at MY Gun Club "Vine City B Us" uses extended clips but they like to see them hanging out the bottom of the gun, have you considered this look?
Na. Figure a $950 hand gun should look the part. LOL.. Really surprising that a spacer / pinky rest are not plentiful for the 19011's . Going to try and Mod something that will work I guess.

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
Na. Figure a $950 hand gun should look the part. LOL.. Really surprising that a spacer / pinky rest are not plentiful for the 19011's . Going to try and Mod something that will work I guess.
Beauty is N de I of the beer holder!

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Camera accessory

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I finished the Mod and is now all Gussied up. New Thin grips and Hogue wrap arounds. Wound up using the X-grip. Took the base plate from 8 round magazine to secure it in place. Not crazy about the screws sticking slightly out of the bottom of magazine but it will do until someone comes out with a better option. For those interested in doing the same you can PM me for info on how exactly I did it.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you know someone that is good with a 3D printer, they can make one for you. Let them borrow your modified X-grip and have them make a couple trial runs. Tell them to make them a bit larger than needed so that you can modify accordingly. When you have exactly what you want, let them have the finished product to copy. My son in law made me a few extensions for a Sig P229 with 226 mags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts