Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas where I might be able to find a Pink PT111 (new or used - not picky) from a place other than Gander Mountain? They are asking $100 more than even Academy.

Someplace in Houston or via internet.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
My daughter is a pink gun freak!! Also Pink knives. This is all I need. ;D

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Seems from the web site that this sale is limited to the IA store. I checked to see if another store had a similar sale and drew a blank!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the sale ad is on the gander Mountain website and as far as I know is for all stores. It is on sale here in Houston also, but considering I can get the same gun in black at Academy for $299 I was trying to find out if there was a cheaper optin for the pink.

Unfortunately, it looks like my best hope is to find one used off of someone (seems unlikely) or do attempt a price match at Gander Mountain (probably more unlikely).

·
15,931 Posts
Sorry, I rechecked the web site again, and it does seem to be a broad based ad! It did not give me other stores that had the ad on my first try.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, that's what I figured. It is not "identical", but there is always the chance I get someone who is extra nice. May give it a shot one day.

I'm not really in a hurry. I want to get it as a gift for my wife, and her birthday and/or Christmas are still many months away.

Just trying to get feelers out there and stay on top of my options. I will keep looking for a used model, as I doubt she would care.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would try it, just take an ad in from Academy or something. I even had them decline a price match once on a M91 Carbine because theirs came with a rifle sock :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"rifle sock" ha ha ha... oh man, that's just frustrating. I guess it was probably difficult to resist telling them where they could put the sock.

Next time I see the PT111 on sale at Academy I will give it a shot. The worst that could happen is they say no. Right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I looked on gunbroker, and the last 9mm that came up sold for like $540!!

I have almost thought about buying a couple and selling one of them if the price is going to be like that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone have any idea if it might be possible to order a "replacement" pink grip from Taurus or someone else?

·
15,931 Posts
Some one here checked with Taurus some months ago, and they were an exclusive made only for Gander. Who knows if they made spares or not.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found that post:
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2368.75

It was really a question on if an entire pink PT911 could be purchased from Taurus rather than Gander. I guess I am wondering if just the pink frame/grip could be ordered as a replacement part?

I may have to just check with Taurus to find out, but thought I would ask here first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts