Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in Marquette, MI for business and walked into the Gander Mountain.
I was looking at the handguns in the case and noticed three pink pistols!
All of them had stainless slides and had pink colored polymer grip frames...

They were in the following respective calibers; 32ACP, 380ACP and 9mm.

I used to want to get a pink pistol for my wife. Unfortunately, the price was a bit higher than I see these pistols in Texas, so I didn't ask if they could sell it to me (since I'm an out of stater)...

I just thought I'd pass on my pleasant surprise to others.
I'll have to keep my eyes out for one in Texas when I get home!

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
ya they are Mil Pro's not 24/7's but still great little guns for the lady's. I got my wife one and she just loves it

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Taurus_Jeeper said:
each their own. I kinda disagree with the mindset of making weapons look like toys or fashion accessories, though....
How come? not all hand guns shotguns or rifles are made for defence use only. There are a ton of shooting sports out there that have little to nothing to do with using a gun to defend yourself on the streets, there are also people who enjoy shooting guns at the range just to punch holes in paper for the fun of it.

Now I do agree that someone should not look for a carry weapon or defence weapon only if it is the right color or matched there outfit but each gun has a place in the shooting world IMO

·
Registered
61 Posts
MPanova said:
How come? not all hand guns shotguns or rifles are made for defence use only. There are a ton of shooting sports out there that have little to nothing to do with using a gun to defend yourself on the streets, there are also people who enjoy shooting guns at the range just to punch holes in paper for the fun of it.

Now I do agree that someone should not look for a carry weapon or defence weapon only if it is the right color or matched there outfit but each gun has a place in the shooting world IMO

I agree! If a woman or :???:(man) :???:needs to take town an attacker with a pink firearm, the fact that it is pink becomes low on the todem-pole. I see nothing wrong with a variety of colors. Look at it like this- If your wife is on the fence about C Carry and the only choice in colors are black or SS, there is a good chance she will not carry at all. However, if there is a pink, blue, red, etc, she may get a little more into the whole idea of carrying and protecting herself. Variety is the spice of life..

·
32,647 Posts
In the shooting sports overall, include the expensive cash layouts for the sports, colored High Power guns, Ruger 10/22s and their kin, as well as others, are all brightly colored and are the norm for those who can afford it.

What a mouthful.

Anyway if the person with the colored or multi-colored gun takes the time,dedication, and practice to become proficient then there's no reason not go that way if the feel the urge to do so.

Granted, a criminal may not take a colored wielding gun owner seriously. This could cause the criminal to be come very aggressive. Case by case basis and not written in stone.
Then there are quite a hard core vicious criminals who are going to attack anyway and try to cause death or grave bodily harm.

The criminal has to respect the person behind the gun and not the gun itself. Criminals know this,are cunning/devious,are oppertunistic to the extreme, and are looking at the person's body language,eyes, and sizing things up before attacking.

Other criminals just flat out attack and have no respect for their lives or anyone elses. Couldn't care less if they or others die or are gravely hurt.

Been through that with holding a gun numerous times on these guys as a "deputized citizen" while in Virginia. Luckily things always ended peacefully. Could have gone from bad to worse easily in the blink of an eye.

Citizens, the LEO community, and military face that every day. We're all in this together. Just in different ways. There are NO safe areas and the public needs to have that sink in.

Now days the average citizen seems to not consider this at all. The news is full of "it can't happen" or "this is a safe area" after an a vicious attack has left people dead or seriously hurt.

Women are more likely to be attacked then men for a variety of reasons to numerous to mention.

Let's just say that just about anything that gets a women to get interested in shooting,become proficient, and responsible for her own safety is just good common sense.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
Let's just say that just about anything that gets a women to get interested in shooting,become proficient, and responsible for her own safety is just good common sense.
+1 on that.

·
Administrator
40,149 Posts
People have personalized their firearms since they were invented. (Ivory, nickle, stag, engraving, etc.) We're no different today, and color is just another personal touch. :thumb:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I agree that colored guns will tend to get some women into the gun scene that would not otherwise ever learn to shoot. As far as looking like toys, I don't see the difference between a pink or a camo'd weapon. The camo stuff looks as much like Hasbro as Winchester. Great marketing ploy. BTW last gun show I attended, one vendor said that almost half of his customers are now women most are looking at the stainless-polymer small auto's or SS snubbies with Airweights next.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MPanova, are these pistols SA/DA. DA/SA or DAO?

I prefer one that's not DAO for my wife...

God Bless,
Doc S

·
32,647 Posts
Taurus Mil/pro series of guns,regardless of moniker describing the trigger type are DAO of a fashion. The restrike capability just puts a little more energy or oomph into the firing pin and striker to hit the primer harder, but no that much more.

This means that men or women should be strong enough normally to be able to pull the triggers wiohout undo stress or strength needed.

Also recommend that if lack of strength is an issue that the 9mm., .380ACP, or .32ACP versions be looked at.

Simple strength training with light weights such as the women's dumb bells or the hand and wrist exercisers, usually spring loaded ones, would increase one's ability to rack slides or pull triggers.

One caveat. .45ACP guns usually are very hard for understrength people to rack the slide. Goes for some of the .40 S&W caliber guns,too.

Also, the smaller the gun, usually the harder to rack the slide. Especially for the pocket sized guns. These can include many .22 lrf thru the .25ACP types. There are exceptions to this. Little bearing area to get a grip on the slide and short powerful springs make racking these guns hard. Again, there are exceptions.

There are tip up barrels such as the PT22 or the PT25 for Taurus. No need to rack to load or unload.

Beretta has the Tomcat in .32 ACP with tip up barrel and the discontinued model 86 in .380 ACP. They have the Bobcat in .22lrf and .25ACP.

Bersa's .380 ACP pistols seem to be easy to rack the slide.
Walther PPK/S or it's kin have stronger springs than the Bersa's. There have been complaints about being able to charge the gun because of this. Not slamming Walther. Just stating fact.

Walther makes very good pistols.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I just want some of that energy drink !!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Could someone explain that "tip-up barrel" feature a little more?

My girlfriend might like that..

We're walking out the door for Good Friday church service, so can't really research it at the moment..
Thanks!

Tim

·
Registered
579 Posts
The barell tips up allowing you to load the first round . Then the rest will feed automatic. This way you do not have to rack the slide.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts